Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If this is your argument "we don't know what's gonna happen", I don't know how you can complain about people not being 10-wins high on this team in the AFC west.

Where am I complaining about people not liking 10 win prediction? I explained why I feel that possible 

I’m not happy with all s*#t talking the team with no matter what the team has done since Carr have been bench back in December 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

This guy is a ex sports dr good watch

he says if all goes well Jimmy should be ready by late august and if the time table is correct Jimmy is out of a cast and now is able to start putting weight on it

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

he says if all goes well Jimmy should be ready by late august and if the time table is correct Jimmy is out of a cast and now is able to start putting weight on it

I was going to post this for you earlier then I got side tracked.

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Where am I complaining about people not liking 10 win prediction? I explained why I feel that possible 

I’m not happy with all s*#t talking the team with no matter what the team has done since Carr have been bench back in December 

Then continue to be unhappy with it. There are plenty of reasons to believe that we won't be very good this year. 

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Late August? So that gives him 2-3 weeks of reps with a new team lol I already hear the built in excuses for a slow start. Even though the regime knew he was hurt. Good thing with a. Slow start and Jimmys history with injuries is might lose enough to get a top QB. Sucks but I don’t have much hope for this season. I’m just hoping the young guys make a step. 

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

Late August? So that gives him 2-3 weeks of reps with a new team lol I already hear the built in excuses for a slow start. Even though the regime knew he was hurt. Good thing with a. Slow start and Jimmys history with injuries is might lose enough to get a top QB. Sucks but I don’t have much hope for this season. I’m just hoping the young guys make a step. 

Late august “if” there’s no complications aka That preseason qb battle will be interesting 🤦🏽‍♂️

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Then continue to be unhappy with it. There are plenty of reasons to believe that we won't be very good this year. 

Imagine going to a Raider nation season hype meet ups they have for fans with this attitude. Talking s#%t about the team would get you checked immediately 

25 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Now he is the OC Dad and our former Gm 😂but does make a great point 

We're not talking about injury waivers we're talking about someone being signed BEFORE he could pass his physical(starting quarterback at that)

21 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s one huge main difference ..We haven’t played 1 season without Carr yet. We don’t know what’s gonna happen.

We do know what Stidham had the best game of a QB during our 2022 season vs the league best defense. Carr had 9 seasons starting with us, last season led the league in INTs until his benching and bottom barrel RZ QB. 

Majority of the Carr supporters have been overwhelming negative on every move made since. Almost like there’s a vendetta against the GM and coach. 

Myself included have seen the bright side of things and have a wait and see approach to the NFL season. It’s like some of you have never watch a season before where teams win a lot more games than expected and vice versa.

You say that now, but you were so certain the last several years.  What changed?

He did have a good game.  Like most new QBs with no film on them.  He tanked the next game against a worse defense and we all saw his value from the league and Carr's by comparison.

I have no vendetta.  I just call each move how it is, not by what I hope and dream it to be.  Or to back up my years of saying Carr can easily be replaced.

It's always a wait and see approach.  Anything can happen as you say.  The odds are still the odds though.  Some of you guys think that because 1 out of 100 times it happened it's likely to happen again.  

Reality is we have been a bad football team for 20 years.  We've had better prospects in some of those years than others, but we've never had a truly good team.  Nothing has changed with that.  We are always in the process of building, until we are in the process of rebuilding.  I'm guessing most fans of this team don't know what it's like to have a truly competitive team even for just a 2 or 3 year stretch.  You have to be over 30 to even really remember the first go around with Gruden.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, true2form said:

You say that now, but you were so certain the last several years.  What changed?

He did have a good game.  Like most new QBs with no film on them.  He tanked the next game against a worse defense and we all saw his value from the league and Carr's by comparison.

I have no vendetta.  I just call each move how it is, not by what I hope and dream it to be.  Or to back up my years of saying Carr can easily be replaced.

It's always a wait and see approach.  Anything can happen as you say.  The odds are still the odds though.  Some of you guys think that because 1 out of 100 times it happened it's likely to happen again.  

Reality is we have been a bad football team for 20 years.  We've had better prospects in some of those years than others, but we've never had a truly good team.  Nothing has changed with that.  We are always in the process of building, until we are in the process of rebuilding.  I'm guessing most fans of this team don't know what it's like to have a truly competitive team even for just a 2 or 3 year stretch.  You have to be over 30 to even really remember the first go around with Gruden.

Isn't that what Carr does consistently look good against good teams and tank against bad teams. Atleast Stidman showed things Carr just never does and if he played with that kind of grit he would still be here.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Isn't that what Carr does consistently look good against good teams and tank against bad teams. Atleast Stidman showed things Carr just never does and if he played with that kind of grit he would still be here.

Carr had an up and down career here for sure.  He's not as good as some make him out to be, nor as bad as others do.  

One game from Stidham changes nothing for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

Carr had an up and down career here for sure.  He's not as good as some make him out to be, nor as bad as others do.  

One game from Stidham changes nothing for me.

That's where I'm at with this. Although I tend to give Carr a little more credit than maybe he deserves. Stidham in the 49er game was fool's gold. I was so hyped about that game, but we have seen so many backup QBs light it up one week and come crashing back down to earth the following week. Just like Stidham did against KC.

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

That's where I'm at with this. Although I tend to give Carr a little more credit than maybe he deserves. Stidham in the 49er game was fool's gold. I was so hyped about that game, but we have seen so many backup QBs light it up one week and come crashing back down to earth the following week. Just like Stidham did against KC.

I struggle more with this.

Carr was a perfectly fine QB his previous seasons under Gruden and beyond.  You could have argued he'd never get us anywhere and that may be true.  However, he didn't suddenly turn to crap last year.  JMD tried to take a square peg and put it in a round hole and it failed.  That's not on Carr imo, that's on JMD.  I give JMD credit for correcting that mistake and moving forward.  However, I'd like to think the better option is to bend yourself to your players strengths, not continue to force them to be who they're not.

I'm fairly confident that we would've gone to the playoffs last year if it wasn't for the coaching staffs ego's.  We still wouldn't have been great and would've been bounced quickly, but we lost too many games last year from coaching.  Hopefully they learn from those mistakes as well.

• Like 3