Chiefs sign T Jawaan Taylor (4 years, $80M, $60M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, ET80 said:

I remember being told Niang played 1,000 snaps in college and never giving up a sack…

He sat out the COVID year then played well before rupturing his patellar tendon last year. Became the 6th man after returning late this season. He and Prince Tega Wanogho will compete for the other OT spot. Maybe a draft pick too.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

He sat out the COVID year then played well before rupturing his patellar tendon last year. Became the 6th man after returning late this season. He and Prince Tega Wanogho will compete for the other OT spot. Maybe a draft pick too.

Was moreso mocking our old friend Kirill. He mentioned that like 20 times in a single thread…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I would love to see Niang take a hold of a starting tackle job. I wonder about his conditioning....he seemed to have alot of bad weight.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

One's playing LT and the other RT while making a lot less money too. 

I hope we move Wylie inside fwiw. 

Cringe Wince GIF

He was awful inside his first 3 years.   Has 0 anchor and just gets demolished straight into the QB/RB.   
He settled into RT pretty well once we quit flipping him around though.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Cringe Wince GIF

He was awful inside his first 3 years.   Has 0 anchor and just gets demolished straight into the QB/RB.   
He settled into RT pretty well once we quit flipping him around though.

Alright well I am seeing conflicting reports about that, but I will take your word for it too. 

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Alright well I am seeing conflicting reports about that, but I will take your word for it too. 

Yeah Wylie always gets the "he can play anywhere on the line tag" but I promise you he can't. At least, not very well. He settled in at RT in his own little way and I believe it's be a mistake to move him anywhere else. I like the guy as a teammate and all but I got driven nuts by his play more often than not

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe if someone falls. My bet is BPA DL now.

I think this is the play, but remove DL.  I think if a god tackle is there they draft them and compete.  Doesn’t really matter what you’re paying them when they’re playing.  If they keep PM2 upright that’s the important thing.

If Taylor doesn’t beat out the Rookie or somebody on the roster at LT and we upgrade our RT issue, it’s still a win.  Veach said we’re going to get someone this off-season who will man the position for the future.  Either way that question is answered.