Chiefs sign T Jawaan Taylor (4 years, $80M, $60M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

There should be some RT options on the board at 32. At least one of Anton Harrison, Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones should be there. 

Agreed, and if they think that’s BPA at pick 31 I feel like this move doesn’t prevent them from taking it.  If that player comes in can suddenly amazes at LT, like I said, great problem to have.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How pissed is Orlando Brown? They say no to his contract demands and they turn around and give $60M gtd to a different T lol.

This is probably more than $5 MM/year less than OB Jr demanded.

That's before the details come out. They are almost always less impressive than the first announcement. 

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Whew. In Veach we trust. MAYBE Lucas Niang can see the field at one of the tackle spots.

Niang had a start at LT even though he only last about three snaps.

Let's say that if FO thinks Taylor, Niang, Darian Kinnard, and Prince Wanogho have us covered going into the draft, then I'll swallow hard and say, "Let's go." 

3 hours ago, General Tso said:

Any chance the Chiefs just draft an OT in the first round?

Very doubtful.

DL is the big priority with Clark gone and three DT unsigned. 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

This is probably more than $5 MM/year less than OB Jr demanded.

That's before the details come out. They are almost always less impressive than the first announcement. 

Niang had a start at LT even though he only last about three snaps.

Let's say that if FO thinks Taylor, Niang, Darian Kinnard, and Prince Wanogho have us covered going into the draft, then I'll swallow hard and say, "Let's go." 

Very doubtful.

DL is the big priority with Clark gone and three DT unsigned. 

I would like to see us re-sign Allegretti as our backup LG/C. I am really hoping Kinnard can atleast be our backup RG/RT.

If Taylor's cap charge this year is small like Veach seems to prefer we could still dabble in FA. I don't see any big deals on the horizon but Veach could add some solid pieces...especially if he can get a Chris Jones extension done.

EDGE, DT, WR, S, TE....

Edited by nicfre2011
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I feel like if Taylor signed elsewhere for this money and was also expected to switch sides people would tear this apart. But the Chiefs get a pass because they’re the Chiefs.

Yeah Mahomes can cover up for a lot of deficiencies on the OL 

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Checks out with what the eye test says too.

Love Jawaan and wanted him back, but he’s not a top tier OT, at least not yet. Guess we’ll see if he can take another big leap to match the $ here.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah Mahomes can cover up for a lot of deficiencies on the OL 

Are they about to have Mahomes coming out next year throwing left handed? 🤣 

And Taylor is actually gonna stay at RT and be his blindside protector 🤣 

Chiefs about to pull out a totally new offense right after winning the SB just to troll the league 😭 

• Like 2