Bears Sign LB Tremaine Edmunds 4yr/$72m

CBears019

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think they really wanted a LB who could cover, something they felt Roquan couldn't do. 

He covers just by existing.   He is so long he creates a large structure in middle QBs need to throw over like Urlacher did.  

That was one of arguments when that was had when we were discussing him versus Roquan in draft.   He can eat peanuts off Roquans head.

There are rookies coming out older than he is now.

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Ironic that many expected him to be our draft pick.

He won a lot of polls for our pick that year.

I think I voted for him, but during the real time drafdt I went with Davenport just because EDGE > ILB. Both were graded really well by me so that gave Davenport the edge.

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

I think I voted for him, but during the real time drafdt I went with Davenport just because EDGE > ILB. Both were graded really well by me so that gave Davenport the edge.

I am not going to be shocked if we sign Davenport.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Really want to go Allen and Davenport. Allen can fill 3T or DE and Davenport needs to have either a really short deal or incentive laden at least.

Davenport is going to get a lot of hate.   But then Bears fans will rationalize it and justify it.

It is what we do.  

LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Davenport is going to get a lot of hate.   But then Bears fans will rationalize it and justify it.

It is what we do.  

LOL

He is what he is.  If the Bears sign him I'll be hopeful he can turn his career around, but he's been a bust for sure to this point.  It'll be a sad state of affairs if we are looking at him to be more than a depth player.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He is what he is.  If the Bears sign him I'll be hopeful he can turn his career around, but he's been a bust for sure to this point.  It'll be a sad state of affairs if we are looking at him to be more than a depth player.

He was really good in 2021.   He would have signed for bank had he been UFA after 2021.  

He was mostly bad last year.

He has been hurt a lot.  

At his best he is near dominant.  

Question is what are you getting?  It's a mystery box.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

He was really good in 2021.   He would have signed for bank had he been UFA after 2021.  

He was mostly bad last year.

He has been hurt a lot.  

At his best he is near dominant.  

Question is what are you getting?  It's a mystery box.  

This could be explanation why he was so much worse in 2022.  He spent offseason under the knife: