Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is the top of the market then. Still a good deal for Jakobi, but I thought it was going to be even higher.

Yep. I was surprised by the numbers too but that is a when for teams looking for WRs who don't want to splash too much. It is a decent enough WR class as well, so I can see why they not willing to fork out too much money. I also expect some trades to happen especially with the Jets.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Raiders moving like they don’t have the worst defense in the league 

These moves are making me believe every pick in the draft will be defense and I'd be 100% fine w/ that

EDIT: Still need 3/5 of an offensive line as well so scratch that. Jimmy is frail enough but behind this porous line, it'll be very bad

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Raiders moving like they don’t have the worst defense in the league 

This make me wonder if they will not draft a QB and will just draft mostly defense this year. They might be very content on seeing what Jimmy G can do, and if he flops they will have a high draft pick to keep rebuilding. I am not against it. 

• Like 3

Just now, ACO said:

This make me wonder if they will not draft a QB and will just draft mostly defense this year. They might be very content on seeing what Jimmy G can do, and if he flops they will have a high draft pick to keep rebuilding. I am not against it. 

Yeah I think they wanted their QBOTF this draft after apparently trying to trade up to #1. However the price was insane so we will wait to see if any QB we like falls to #7, and if not go D and target Hooker or Haener in rounds 2-3.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

That’s my thought as well, going heavy defense in the draft.