Raiders sign WR Jakobi Meyers (3 years, $33M, $21M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

He had an injury plagued year and everyone on offense look disjointed in the 1st year of the offense. Minus Adams

I think we simply have too much money tied up in our offensive weapons now. Hunter is getting like $16M this season which is gag worthy. Even if he stays healthy and rebounds to his two year ago self, that is not a good price for a #2/#3 WR. Jakobi at $11 is much more reasonable and he's an upgrade imo. 

If Josh can wizard up some elite schemes and our O flourishes keeping Hunter then cool, I truly would be happy. But as of right now I have a hard time believing we should be paying Adams $28M, Waller $17M, Meyers $11M, Renfrow $16M and Jacobs $11M. All while we will probably have 3-4 rookies and/or mid/late round second year players on the OL.

Reference: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/contracts/

59 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Hopefully this resets the market for non-#1 receivers lol

It won't. I thought the Germaine Pratt deal would set the market for ILBs, but then Tremaine Edmunds got his deal. I doubt any receiver signs for more this year, but I fully expect the market to right itself once quality free agent WRs eventually become available again.

Meyers has always polarized our fan base. He has a cult-like status with many of us, who also consider him a genuine number 1 WR or a high 2.

I'm personally on the other side, I've always thought he was our WR1 because he had to be, and actually he's just a WR4 in most other offenses. He seems to be good at finding softness in zones and being a possession receiver. Good at finding space. I'm not having him outside or over the top at all, and I think his lack of TDs or big plays is an a testament to that (8TD in 60 games is pretty poor). But he definitely will be an option when you need a completed pass....he'll find space

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think we simply have too much money tied up in our offensive weapons now. Hunter is getting like $16M this season which is gag worthy. Even if he stays healthy and rebounds to his two year ago self, that is not a good price for a #2/#3 WR. Jakobi at $11 is much more reasonable and he's an upgrade imo. 

If Josh can wizard up some elite schemes and our O flourishes keeping Hunter then cool, I truly would be happy. But as of right now I have a hard time believing we should be paying Adams $28M, Waller $17M, Meyers $11M, Renfrow $16M and Jacobs $11M. All while we will probably have 3-4 rookies and/or mid/late round second year players on the OL.

Reference: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/contracts/

Thing is, we just paid Renfrow. Getting rid of him now,  coming off a down year will result in minimal returns and dead cap. Not sure its worth it.