Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

On 3/18/2023 at 8:11 PM, BayRaider said:

So he’s not suppose to demand respect because he hasn’t proven it? How tf is he suppose to coach the team? Everyone knew it was going to be the Patriot way. Do your f***in job, handle criticism well, or gtfo. Carr and Waller clearly can’t handle criticism or the Patriot way. I already knew that about Carr. And it doesn’t surprise me with Waller. 

Davante Adams and Maxx Crosby are true professionals. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if we traded Jacobs too because his personality doesn’t fit the Patriot way, he’s always whining. I would prefer to run Jacobs into the ground though. Enjoy your 375 carries and FA payday. We’ll rock Zeus and someone else in a committee for 2024. Zeus is a great talent. 

Yeah because taking one of the leaders on the team and running him thru the ringer and then not paying him afterwards sets such a great example for the other players on the team and creates such a good lockerroom.  Very sustainable way of treating players (sarcasm).  

And as the saying goes.. respect is earned.  It’s also mutual.  Players see right thru the BS.

I laugh at this patriot way cult following we have here….. you all sound like 1st year college students wearing Che Guevara t-shirts, preaching Communism but can’t explain one time it’s ever worked. 

For 20 years ex-Patriot assistants have ALL failed as Head Coaches. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/560751-eric-mangini-10-reasons-the-bill-belichick-coaching-tree-has-struggled.amp.html

• Like 2

That's my favourite part of that broken record.

Let's factor out that, BOB, Brian Daboll & Brian Flores are/were good HCs.

But also:
What does this list of failed HCs say? Does it automatically mean that all former patriots assistants have to fail? Well, then why should anybody want to be an assisstent there, if that means that you'll never have success as an HC.

Why should you draft an Ohio State QB, when everyone failed so far?

Why should you buy lottery tickets every week, if you didn't win the grand prize so far?

That's so ridiculous.

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah because taking one of the leaders on the team and running him thru the ringer and then not paying him afterwards sets such a great example for the other players on the team and creates such a good lockerroom.  Very sustainable way of treating players (sarcasm).  

You act like this is not normal in the NFL. Teams rarely pay RBs with history as a guide and position that is low in value. And players play on the franchise tag all the time

Barkley was franchise tagged.... what example is Dabol/Schoen setting for the team in NY? How about Pollard in Dallas? This just another feeble attempt to throw shade on JMD/DZ and a weak one at that. 

Not to mention, you are faulting the coach here, for the work of the GM who would make decision to franchise tag the player. Mind you they could still extend him so you are putting the cart before the horse in this argument is the case in most your arguments. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You act like this is not normal in the NFL. Teams rarely pay RBs with history as a guide and position that is low in value. And players play on the franchise tag all the time

Barkley was franchise tagged.... what example is Dabol/Schoen setting for the team in NY? How about Pollard in Dallas? This just another feeble attempt to throw shade on JMD/DZ and a weak one at that. 

Not to mention, you are faulting the coach here, for the work of the GM who would make decision to franchise tag the player. Mind you they could still extend him so you are putting the cart before the horse in this argument is the case in most your arguments. 

As in the case of nearly every single of your arguments… you lack the ability to read correctly and understand the context of what I was responding to.  Or maybe your just a dishonest person with a vengeance.

I didn’t say we can’t let Jacobs walk after this year, never advocated to extend him long term… another classic example of you bending what is said and extending to it to benefit you making your point.  Your the master of it, I gotta say.  So I’ll break it down simple for you:

Lets go over EXACTLY what was said:

1) @BayRaidersaid Jacobs is being unprofessional and whining all the time and as a form of payback we should just run him into the ground for 375 Carries with no intention of resigning him.  

Just for reference Jacobs had 340 last year only outdone by Henry’s 349.  The year before J.Taylor lead the league with 332 followed by N.Harris’s 302.  
You don’t think the other players would see what’s going on?  You got Adams jumping in front of the camera during post game interviews throwing up “Dollar sign / Pay him” hand gestures.  Jacobs is a team captain and one of the leaders of the team.  Running him into the ground excessively and not paying him would show the players, especially younger ones that this regime will use you up and toss you to the curb. 

2) The issue is the retaliatory behavior towards a team captain and leader.  It’s not professional and has consequences beyond Jacobs.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

That's my favourite part of that broken record.

Let's factor out that, BOB, Brian Daboll & Brian Flores are/were good HCs.

But also:
What does this list of failed HCs say? Does it automatically mean that all former patriots assistants have to fail? Well, then why should anybody want to be an assisstent there, if that means that you'll never have success as an HC.

Why should you draft an Ohio State QB, when everyone failed so far?

Why should you buy lottery tickets every week, if you didn't win the grand prize so far?

That's so ridiculous.

No one said a former Pats assistant turned HC with a new team is incapable of becoming a good coach.  In fact, Daboll was who I wanted for our HC, I think the guys an absolute winner.

But, when people use the narrative of importing this “Patriot Way” culture and you look around and see that it really isn’t successful that often with so many other HC’s over a lengthy period of time it is valid to believe that maybe there’s something missing.  

You can only bring this high abrasive ego as a HC if your able to win.  The players know how badly you failed last time as HC.  They know all the issues you had in the past.  Imagine being on the team and hearing for the first time in your playing days there’s no audibles at the line?  It’s the HC’s playcall or be darned.  You line up and check the defensive and realize that this is a bad situation.  The play doesn’t work.  
Your walking back to the huddle and without questioning wondering what’s going on here, we could have audibled.  What am I doing here.. this is crazy!  Why would I risk getting hurt for this?

Then your in meetings having this HC disrespecting players and screaming.  But never points out his own faults.  That’s probably why we have players like Blake Martinez selling off Pokémon card collections and retiring instead of faxing it in for a few more weeks to get paid 750k.  Who were we able to sign in FA?  Who wants to come here now?  We overpaid Epps (look at his year 2 with guaranteed money if you don’t believe me) and signed Spillane.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I didn’t say we can’t let Jacobs walk after this year, never advocated to extend him long term… another classic example of you bending what is said and extending to it to benefit you making your point.  Your the master of it, I gotta say.  So I’ll break it down simple for you:

Lets go over EXACTLY what was said:

1) @BayRaidersaid Jacobs is being unprofessional and whining all the time and as a form of payback we should just run him into the ground for 375 Carries with no intention of resigning him.  

Just for reference Jacobs had 340 last year only outdone by Henry’s 349.  The year before J.Taylor lead the league with 332 followed by N.Harris’s 302.  
You don’t think the other players would see what’s going on?  You got Adams jumping in front of the camera during post game interviews throwing up “Dollar sign / Pay him” hand gestures.  Jacobs is a team captain and one of the leaders of the team.  Running him into the ground excessively and not paying him would show the players, especially younger ones that this regime will use you up and toss you to the curb. 

2) The issue is the retaliatory behavior towards a team captain and leader.  It’s not professional and has consequences beyond Jacobs.  

I know what you are saying, so no need to simplify anything. 

It's been talked about by several people, including coaches that Jacobs does not want to tap out. He wants in the game. You relating this to "running him into the ground" when he's asking to be a bell cow is an unveiled attempt to throw shade at McDaniels. 

Again.... how do you think the players in NY view this very same scenario? Are you throwing shade at Dabol/Schoen in the same manner here? 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

It's been talked about by several people, including coaches that Jacobs does not want to tap out. He wants in the game. You relating this to "running him into the ground" when he's asking to be a bell cow is an unveiled attempt to throw shade at McDaniels. 

Again.... how do you think the players in NY view this very same scenario? Are you throwing shade at Dabol/Schoen in the same manner here? 

Yes, Jacobs is a leader and workhorse who leads by example.  no one questioned that.

If you are incapable or just so argumentative that you can’t process the idea @BayRaider had of acting in a retaliatory way towards Jacobs and that being problematic there’s nothing left to discuss.

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Then your in meetings having this HC disrespecting players and screaming.  But never points out his own faults.  That’s probably why we have players like Blake Martinez selling off Pokémon card collections and retiring instead of faxing it in for a few more weeks to get paid 750k.  Who were we able to sign in FA?  Who wants to come here now?  We overpaid Epps (look at his year 2 with guaranteed money if you don’t believe me) and signed Spillane.

You're a broken record at this point... 

You just gloss over wildly reported comments like this from Jacobi Meyers

"[I] feel like when I first met Josh [McDaniels], he was just pushing me," Meyers said at his introductory press conference on Thursday. "Maybe at the time I wasn't his biggest fan, but looking back on my career, he helped me grow as a football player and as a man. So it definitely played a big part as far as me choosing to come here. I just want to be a better person and a better player."

Meyers explained how he had to learn himself to become more open to what McDaniels was trying to teach.

"I feel like coming out of college. I was still a young kid who thought I had all the answers, who just knew I was going to be a Hall of Famer; it didn't matter what you said to me," Meyers said. "But I've been humbled a lot; I've lost a lot. And I feel like; at the end of the day, I just want to be better. I want to be a better person, a better football player. 

"So I have to appreciate the people who are trying to get that out of me, and I don't think I appreciated it at first. But now just if you're willing to coach me the hard way, if you're willing to give me knowledge, I'm willing to learn and listen. It's been an eye-opening experience as I've grown in the league."

This is what respect and accountability look like. Might not have been his biggest fan when he started as a URFA, because he was a know it all kid. Humbled himself, and credits JMD for his growth as a player and a man. CHOOSE to come Vegas because of it. 

On 4/11/2023 at 8:09 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Or maybe your just a dishonest person with a vengeance.

I remember a totally different poster back in the day. Russell. Broke a lot of us. lol Can't remember if he was CJ or AP. I think AP as I was in the CJ camp. There's another poster I've iggy'd because he straight up is OCDing on bath salts. Don't remember him being like that before covid.  I was different over 3 years ago too. Now it's more DGAF but whatever...

BP added the Meyers comment and I think JMD is setting up a culture that will cost his job but pay dividends having that base when a player friendly coach steps in after him. That's worse case IMO and best case is it actually works.

I just moved to Vegas and this is the worst I've ever felt as a fan and it's not even close. Ironic don't you think?!? lol

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 8:34 AM, big_palooka said:

Jj also says “ if you want me to be the hero than you have to pay me like that” and that he wants to retire at 30 iirc. 

more like he’s all we had last year and he knew it and didn’t wanna let the team down aka playing hero role imo obviously. Plus no of our 5 other rbs inspired any hope last year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jj also says “ if you want me to be the hero than you have to pay me like that” and that he wants to retire at 30 iirc. 

more like he’s all we had last year and he knew it and didn’t wanna let the team down aka playing hero role imo obviously. Plus no of our 5 other rbs inspired any hope last year

Exactly… the whole context and meaning of Jacobs comment was missed by BP.

Jacobs definitely wants to be the leader, the workhorse of the offense… assuming he gets a new deal.  He doesn’t want to do that again this year and not have a long term deal done.

It’s also funny BayRaider takes the stance that Zamir White is a beast who would take over seamlessly.  I like White as a prospect too but he had a pretty poor season last year.  Wasn’t inspiring that he could take over for the leagues #1 rusher last season.

I can’t believe this is even a debate.  My comment was RETALIATING against Jacobs and running him into the ground and then kicking him to the curb after isn’t a long term sustainable way of treating a player.  The key part of that was retaliation.

18 hours ago, G said:

I remember a totally different poster back in the day. Russell. Broke a lot of us. lol Can't remember if he was CJ or AP. I think AP as I was in the CJ camp. There's another poster I've iggy'd because he straight up is OCDing on bath salts. Don't remember him being like that before covid.  I was different over 3 years ago too. Now it's more DGAF but whatever...

BP added the Meyers comment and I think JMD is setting up a culture that will cost his job but pay dividends having that base when a player friendly coach steps in after him. That's worse case IMO and best case is it actually works.

I just moved to Vegas and this is the worst I've ever felt as a fan and it's not even close. Ironic don't you think?!? lol

Congrats on the move.  Do you like LV so far?

I’ll be honest, this is by far the worst I’ve ever felt as a Raiders fan.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Congrats on the move.  Do you like LV so far?

I’ll be honest, this is by far the worst I’ve ever felt as a Raiders fan.  

The team has had 2 winning seasons in 20 years and THIS is the worst you felt?

Want to go back to the Gruden/Mayock years. Trade your HOF talent and burn through draft picks at an embarassing rate.

How about the Art Shell year? Run the bread and breakfast offense so we can draft Jamarcus #1 overall again?  

Tom Cable punching assistant coaches? Hue Jackson trading 2 first for Carson Palmer? Stop me when I hit one something worse that you feel currently. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The team has had 2 winning seasons in 20 years and THIS is the worst you felt?

Want to go back to the Gruden/Mayock years. Trade your HOF talent and burn through draft picks at an embarassing rate.

How about the Art Shell year? Run the bread and breakfast offense so we can draft Jamarcus #1 overall again?  

Tom Cable punching assistant coaches? Hue Jackson trading 2 first for Carson Palmer? Stop me when I hit one something worse that you feel currently. 

Bread and Breakfast offense was the biggest joke. OC was running a early 90s offense in the mid 2000s

• Like 2