Cowboys set to cut Ezekiel Elliott per Clarence Hill Jr

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Huh...the dead cap for a Post-June 1st cut isn't nearly as bad as i thought it was.  That actually saves them a huge chunk of change to play with.

Wonder how much his "name value" gets him somewhere else.

Probably not much, RB market has been dry as hell.

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Through that four year span, he had one of the best starts to a career of any RB. That yardage total is 11th all-time in the first four years. He was legit. He hasn’t been since then, which I’ve found to be very enjoyable, but he was a dude for 4 years at least.

Ignoring elite offensive line play and attributing rushing success directly to the rb is such a Cowboys move 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably not much, RB market has been dry as hell.

Maybe.  It feels like name recognition can help a player break through a weak market though.  Seems like there's always at least one idiot GM out there who wasn't paying attention.  Who thinks they're getting something very different than the reality.

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Ignoring elite offensive line play and attributing rushing success directly to the rb is such a Cowboys move 

Yeah.  Zeke was good for those first few years, but it always felt like he got a bit too much credit for work behind what was an absolutely absurd, dominant OLine.  It's tricky to extricate and evaluate the two things.  I think the reality is that he was a top tier RB, who also just happened to be in a dream situation behind a phenomenal line, on a team that really made a focal point of running the ball well on top of it.  A bit of a "right time, right place" scenario for back that would've otherwise still been seen as "good"...but probably nowhere near the insane level of hype he got in that perfect scenario with the most high profile team in the league.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Zeke was good for those first few years, but it always felt like he got a bit too much credit for work behind what was an absolutely absurd, dominant OLine.  It's tricky to extricate and evaluate the two things.  I think the reality is that he was a top tier RB, who also just happened to be in a dream situation behind a phenomenal line, on a team that really made a focal point of running the ball well on top of it.  A bit of a "right time, right place" scenario for back that would've otherwise still been seen as "good"...but probably nowhere near the insane level of hype he got in that perfect scenario with the most high profile team in the league.

Cough cough emmitt smith cough cough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Cough cough emmitt smith cough cough 

Zeke was like a really condensed version of Emmitt. For a year or two he's puts up great volume stats with pretty good efficiency behind a monster line, then he has his average overrated compiler phase for another couple years, then he plays like Cardinal Emmitt except he's 27 instead of 33 lol. And let's be honest, even "prime" Zeke wasn't a special talent or super fun to watch.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Maybe.  It feels like name recognition can help a player break through a weak market though.  Seems like there's always at least one idiot GM out there who wasn't paying attention.  Who thinks they're getting something very different than the reality.

Possibly but the most I can see him getting is something similar to what James Conner and Leonard Fournette got, around $7M APY. The Chargers seem like a logical fit if he's not overly concerned about the money.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Possibly but the most I can see him getting is something similar to what James Conner and Leonard Fournette got, around $7M APY. The Chargers seem like a logical fit if he's not overly concerned about the money.

Yeah.  I think Playoff Lenny is the perfect example of that.  Though he actually still had a decent amount left to give at some point in that process.  Zeke seems cooked.  But some dumb GM is gonna want mr midriff.