Cowboys set to cut Ezekiel Elliott per Clarence Hill Jr

MikeT14

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Jerruh: "hold my McMuffin"

Look, I hate Jerry as much as the next guy...but he doesn't have as much say as he used to. He's more a vocal piece. Stephen and McClay overruled him on Manziel in 2014 which is why we ended up with Zack Martin instead. There's several more examples.

Not to say he doesn't still meddle and get his way on some things...but...his input isn't nearly as large as it used to be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Look, I hate Jerry as much as the next guy...but he doesn't have as much say as he used to. He's more a vocal piece. Stephen and McClay overruled him on Manziel in 2014 which is why we ended up with Zack Martin instead. There's several more examples.

Not to say he doesn't still meddle and get his way on some things...but...his input isn't nearly as large as it used to be. 

I know, I know. You say this every year. I say it about Dan too. And it is true....but then something happens... and the clock resets. If the OBJ rumor is true it would be interesting. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he gets anywhere near that.  I think Bijan goes off the board in that 12-16 range.  Maybe even earlier.

I’ve seen the majority of the mocks having him slip past the Chargers at 21 & think to myself… dude this undervalue of RB’s is criminal at this point. Dude is a top 5 talent and if the Patriots pass on him at I think 11 then he becomes the steal of the draft. I do t see BB passing on a weapon like that though. Would love to see him on the Chargers but expect him to be long gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leoric said:

I’ve seen the majority of the mocks having him slip past the Chargers at 21 & think to myself… dude this undervalue of RB’s is criminal at this point. Dude is a top 5 talent and if the Patriots pass on him at I think 11 then he becomes the steal of the draft. I do t see BB passing on a weapon like that though. Would love to see him on the Chargers but expect him to be long gone. 

That's my line of thinking too 

Everyone is devaluing rbs left and right but big name guys still get picked early. Sure no rbs went in the first last year , but I think we can all agree Bijan is a better prospect than anyone in last years class. Then the year before Najee and Etienne went in the 20s, again I'd say Bijan is a better prospect then those guys. I'll be very surprised if Bijan slips to the 20s.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I know, I know. You say this every year. I say it about Dan too. And it is true....but then something happens... and the clock resets. If the OBJ rumor is true it would be interesting. 

OBJ would have to come way, way down on price. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I feel like you have to think about it pretty hard to get yourself to that conclusion. 

I can’t stand Zeke, but in terms of guys drafted in the last decade, here’s where they rank in terms of most yards in their first 4 seasons:

5456 - Ezekiel Elliott

4816 - Nick Chubb

4740 - Josh Jacobs

4713 - Alfred Morris

4547 - Todd Gurley

4045 - Le’Veon Bell

Through that four year span, he had one of the best starts to a career of any RB. That yardage total is 11th all-time in the first four years. He was legit. He hasn’t been since then, which I’ve found to be very enjoyable, but he was a dude for 4 years at least.

He was about as effective as McFadden was behind that O-Line after his suspension. Running for a thousand yards with mediocre efficiency behind a perennially great O-Line, which is what Zeke did for most of his career, is just not that impressive.

Alfred Morris is actually a pretty solid comp tbh.