Raiders re-sign DT Jerry Tillery

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Comp update: Jerry Tillery’s deal with the #Raiders is a two-year contract for $7M, worth up to $8M. Also includes $5.6M guaranteed, source says.

Could be a situational piece. If they counting on him as a starter we are cooked...

Tillery, Nichols, Butler, Farrell all tall, big guys. PG kinda IDLs. Hopefully we get another run stuffing guy like Robinson or Billings and then a quality pass rusher via draft

That’s a lot more than I thought he would get ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So they're content with Nichols / Tillery at the 3T spot. Wonder if Billings is going to be resigned,

Right now it's Nichols, Tillery and Butler at 4T/3T and Farrell at 1T/0T.

Weak if you ask me...

hopefully a guy like Billings or Robinson arrives as veteran NT and then we get a quality rookie DT/DE

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Right now it's Nichols, Tillery and Butler at 4T/3T and Farrell at 1T/0T.

Weak if you ask me...

hopefully a guy like Billings or Robinson arrives as veteran NT and then we get a quality rookie DT/DE

I think they'll probably bring back Billings and then we'd have 6 DTs that they'd probably feel okay with in Nichols, Tillery, Billings, NFJ, M Butler, and A Butler. It's definitely an extremely weak group.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is fine for the current DT market.

Sorry, don’t agree. Tillery is a liability in the run game and is only a rotation interior rusher. We paid him more than Billings got and he was out second best DLine player last year.

Now, it’s not a huge sum in the grand scheme of things but it’s a lot more than he’s worth IMHO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Sorry, don’t agree. Tillery is a liability in the run game and is only a rotation interior rusher. We paid him more than Billings got and he was out second best DLine player last year.

Now, it’s not a huge sum in the grand scheme of things but it’s a lot more than he’s worth IMHO.

Billings I totally agree with. We should have resigned him. It seems the staff want Farrell Jr. to step into that role. That being said, I do think we will address DT heavily in the draft so it's not a huge issue.

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Billings I totally agree with. We should have resigned him. It seems the staff want Farrell Jr. to step into that role. That being said, I do think we will address DT heavily in the draft so it's not a huge issue.

I think Farrell, Nichols, and Tillery are locks to make the team. Matthew Butler will also probably make the team and Adam Butler is a sleeper. That's 4-5 DT's already, I could see us adding maybe one more guy but I think we'll probably just roll with who we got already.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Oh man I hope so, that lineup as is looks very, very weak to me. I’d want to add at least two DTs in the draft if we didn’t add another vet.

• Like 1