Cowboys trading 5th and 6th rounders for WR Brandin Cooks

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well I hope you get your wish then because the GD thing I want to see is another 1800-2K total yd RB making Dak Prescott a better QB by NOT asking him to be Pat Mahomes/Josh Allen which he clearly is not for the next 3 seasons plus!! 

Cowboy fans worried about a Big contract are looking at this the wrong way. Because of Zeke, they've learned after year 5, I'm out like the rest of the NFL has decided to do with the Bells, CMC, Henry's, Sanders, ect....

If the Cowboys can get 3-5 years of HOF type production out of Bijan like you did Rookie Zeke in that Dallas Offense,  with that current defense it would be thier best chance at a SB ring in the next 3 years. That is ALL the matters. Not his contract in 2028!!!!

Please pass worried about money , positional value BS and thinking Tony Pollard on a Tag coming off an ACL and some 3rd rd rookie is more then enough.

Bijan makes it to #26, it's a no brainer.

I love everything your saying but I think it's just funny anyone thinking Robinson is dropping to 26.

There's too many teams ahead of us that could use like a back like him, and if he does I'm calling all the other 25 teams stupid.

Especially if the Eagles skip on him TWICE, which honestly would shock me because you guys love going after every prospect we go for because your FO is sadistic that way

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Just now, General Tso said:

Not Quinton Johnston?

Nah, he’s giving me Denzel Mims vibes - good (not GREAT) size, average athletic ability and a bad set of hands. Johnston feasted on sub par Big 12 defenses/secondaries (Big 12 Secondaries are so bad they should be called Thirdaries). Once he played against an actual CB (Kelee Ringo and Georgia) he was absolutely smattered into a 1/3/0 day. 

He’s pretty much identical to Texans WR Nico Collins - tall, fast, can jump high, inconsistent hands. I’d consider him in the 2nd, maybe even with a pick in the 30s, but not 12th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Nah, he’s giving me Denzel Mims vibes - good (not GREAT) size, average athletic ability and a bad set of hands. Johnston feasted on sub par Big 12 defenses/secondaries (Big 12 Secondaries are so bad they should be called Thirdaries). Once he played against an actual CB (Kelee Ringo and Georgia) he was absolutely smattered into a 1/3/0 day. 

He’s pretty much identical to Texans WR Nico Collins - tall, fast, can jump high, inconsistent hands. I’d consider him in the 2nd, maybe even with a pick in the 30s, but not 12th.

I like Johnson but he's more of a project right now than people realize.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

hmm, yeah I am curious about Texans' fans view of Colins. He was held back by Michigan in a run heavy offense, but he does have the prototypical X size. 

Maybe Bryce can make Metchie/Collins/Woods good enough if he has the good run game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, General Tso said:

hmm, yeah I am curious about Texans' fans view of Colins. He was held back by Michigan in a run heavy offense, but he does have the prototypical X size. 

Maybe Bryce can make Metchie/Collins/Woods good enough if he has the good run game.

On the record, I genuinely like Collins too - he’s made remarkable strides since his rookie season, he can do some really good things with competent QB play (which he’s never had up until this point). 

At his peak, I see Kenny Golliday during his Detroit run. A solid WR who can make some big plays when opportunity presents itself.

Assuming health with Metchie - two years removed from his ACL, a year removed from his cancer scare - he’s poised to look good with his old college QB chucking him the ball. Gun to my head, I say he leads the Texans in targets and receptions (and yardage by virtue). But, the health assumption is a big one with him.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I love everything your saying but I think it's just funny anyone thinking Robinson is dropping to 26.

There's too many teams ahead of us that could use like a back like him, and if he does I'm calling all the other 25 teams stupid.

Especially if the Eagles skip on him TWICE, which honestly would shock me because you guys love going after every prospect we go for because your FO is sadistic that way

I too love the Dallas Goedert pick. 😎🥃

We wouldn't be skipping you twice unless we traded back several times from #10. Which I do think Howie will do in the draft.

There are 3 positions Howie simply does not draft nor value EVER in the 1st rd RB, S and LB. All 3 could be BPA  2nd coming of (AP, Ed Reed or Ray Lewis) at any Eagle pick in the 1st rd even #30 and He'd still pass and no doubt go OL/DL/WR. Infuriating at times.

I've had this argument in our forum. You put Bijan in our offense,  with our OL, our weapons and a 4th year Jalen Hurts. I'm honestly curious how DC/defenses would stop it?

I personally would like to witness it but even if we traded back to #25, picking up several 2024 1st, Howie still wouldn't do it. 

But hey I'm sure Gainwell,  Penny, Scott and Serman will be just fine, just as productive. 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If Gallup is back up to speed after that “rust year” that often occurs after a ligament tears, this has to be one of the best WR trios in the league. 

Gallup was dealing with personal issues and not being fully ready after the ACL. I have a feeling he will have a bounce back year. Being the #3 will do him well.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I've had this argument in our forum. You put Bijan in our offense,  with our OL, our weapons and a 4th year Jalen Hurts. I'm honestly curious how DC/defenses would stop it?

Yep, I'm with you.  Look at how the SF offense changed when CMC came in to the fold... and if you get Bijan somewhere in the 20's, it's a very reasonable 4 year/~14m contract- a cheaper APY than Samaje Perine got

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I too love the Dallas Goedert pick. 😎🥃

We wouldn't be skipping you twice unless we traded back several times from #10. Which I do think Howie will do in the draft.

There are 3 positions Howie simply does not draft nor value EVER in the 1st rd RB, S and LB. All 3 could be BPA  2nd coming of (AP, Ed Reed or Ray Lewis) at any Eagle pick in the 1st rd even #30 and He'd still pass and no doubt go OL/DL/WR. Infuriating at times.

I personally would like to witness it but even if we traded back to #25, picking up several 2024 1st, Howie still wouldn't do it. 

But hey I'm sure Gainwell,  Penny, Scott and Serman will be just fine, just as productive. 👌

Yeah it would make a ton of sense for you guys to draft him. Dallas would have a hard time stopping that offense.