Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

How are we handling Puka? I have him in multiple leagues. Do I try to sell high with Kupp returning to practice next week, or do I hold? 

I think I’m at the point where if it’s not an absolute haul I’m going to hold him, he’s still going to be a viable flex play at minimum no?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

How are we handling Puka? I have him in multiple leagues. Do I try to sell high with Kupp returning to practice next week, or do I hold? 

I think I’m at the point where if it’s not an absolute haul I’m going to hold him, he’s still going to be a viable flex play at minimum no?

Hold

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Good question. I have no clue what to do as I have Kupp on my team as well... 
Puka is too good to not be a WR3 at the minimum, even without 15 targets per game. 
Trending on playing both actually, if Kupp does come back next week (not holding my breath)

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Depends on the offers, but I’d sell high in re-drafts and hold for dynasty/keepers 

Took a chance claiming Jaleel McLaughlin this week. For a number of reasons I am fairly optimistic on his season outlook going forward. 

He’s clearly an explosive option that no other Broncos RB can provide. In his first chance to get significant touches in a game, he put on the best performance of any Broncos RB this season.

It may just be bad luck, but Javonte Williams just can’t seem to stay on the field and doesn’t quite look to have fully healed yet from his knee injury last year.

Jaleel also just simply produces any time he is on the field. He ran for more yards than anyone in history in college (playing in a couple different divisions). He got some extended playtime in the preseason and consistently looked dangerous with the ball in his hands. Now in his first real chance in the regular season is doing more of the same.

Despite being undersized, he seems to have great vision to find small holes and cutback lanes and can make plays up the middle rather than bouncing everything outside like some small/explosive RB’s. 

One of the biggest reasons for optimism for Jaleel is Sean Payton. As a Saints fan I’ve gotten to see quite a bit of Sean Payton over the years. There are a few consistent elements of his coaching that are easy to spot.

Over the years Payton has made it clear that he does not care where a player was drafted/how they were acquired. There are a number of examples of late round/undrafted Saints players that have been significant contributors during his tenure with the Saints.  He also gets a thrill from being “the smartest guy” in the room. Having an explosive undrafted guy like Jaleel is something he absolutely loves utilizing. He also has pretty much always had an explosive satellite RB during his tenure with the Saints (Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, Alvin Kamara). Even if Jaleel isn’t a “feature back”, there is still likely to be a substantial role for him in this offense.

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Considering selling on Olave right now. I love the target share previous to last week, but people have to be concerned about the long term outlook with that Carr injury, right? 

It was just an AC Sprain. I definitely think Carr should have sat this past week, but long term this season I’m not too concerned. With that said, I do think a little chunk of Olave’s target volume will take a hit with Kamara back and having Thomas/Shaheed still getting quite a few targets as well. I don’t see Olave scoring a ton of touchdowns this year, so you’re banking on yards/catches most weeks. You could probably get solid value for him now in a trade.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sure am!

• Mahomes, Richardson
  • Waddle, McLaurin, Doubs, Diontae Johnson, JSN, Josh Reynolds
  • CMC, Brian Robinson, J Taylor, Spears, E Mitchell
  • Musgrave

I avoided Mahomes this year, dude has no weapons and a 34 year old Kelce. You’ve gotten really unlucky with Waddle, I think he’s about to pop off in a big way the rest of the season. Waited too long TE as well.