Steelers 2023 Mock Draft

turtle28

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Which is why I think Dawand Jones is in play at 17 or a slight trade back.  He looked good at LT.

If I could go from 17 to say early 20s, pick up a 3rd and get him, I’d consider that for sure.

Just now, warfelg said:

I get it but I also don’t think we’re gonna overdraft anymore if you catch my drift. 

Even if that's the case (and there is no real certainty behind that), I have seen rankings that have him in the 20s and early 30s.  Its not like Burns and Edmunds where no one had them as top 50 prospects and some as low as 4th rd grades on then.  If they like him enough and feel he may not fall to 32, he could be taken sooner.

Not saying I WANT that, but its very possible.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

I saw a draft that had 4 OTs( D. Jones, D. Wright, P. Johnson and P. Skoronski taken before the Steelers ( Witherspoon fell to them).

I like it that I am not sure who they could take at 17

I honestly think it's down to few players at 17:

J.Porter Jr
T.Simpson
D.Jones
D.Witherspoon
B.Branch
B.Bresee

I suppose there could be a wild card drop in there,
but seems to me these are the guys at 17 they're considering.

B.Branch at 32 would be great.
I like T.Simpson and D.Jones a lot more in round 2.
Bresee too, but I honestly think M.Smith and K.Benton are better for what we need.

The more I read, the more I think it could end up being J.Porter Jr.
I think they're intrigued by P.Peterson mentoring him too.

I just want to trade down 5 to 8 spots.

I feel like any caliber of player at 17 is still likely to be there at 22-25, and can pick up an extra pick or two.

But I want to trade down every year, so obviously, what I want dont mean ****.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 43M said:

I just want to trade down 5 to 8 spots.

I feel like any caliber of player at 17 is still likely to be there at 22-25, and can pick up an extra pick or two.

But I want to trade down every year, so obviously, what I want dont mean ****.

I think (as many have said) it's likely that the 32 pick will draw a lot of interest.
I think whichever pick it is, it'd be crazy not to trade down from one of our picks
and pick up an extra two. We need some mid-round (3RD-5RD) picks to fill out the 
roster and inject some youth.

47 minutes ago, mwalker said:

I think (as many have said) it's likely that the 32 pick will draw a lot of interest.
I think whichever pick it is, it'd be crazy not to trade down from one of our picks
and pick up an extra two. We need some mid-round (3RD-5RD) picks to fill out the 
roster and inject some youth.

First pick of the 2nd rd is a prime pick, especially this year.   I doubt we trade down unless we get a great deal or there are alot of players left we really like.

10 hours ago, 43M said:

First pick of the 2nd rd is a prime pick, especially this year.   I doubt we trade down unless we get a great deal or there are alot of players left we really like.

I think you could see a trade up if a player they really like is there using 32.  That 5th year option is big if you are taking a LT, CB, EDGE or QB

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think you could see a trade up if a player they really like is there using 32.  That 5th year option is big if you are taking a LT, CB, EDGE or QB

What do we hypothetically give up to move up from 32? With our lack of picks in the middle rounds I am not a fan at all of giving up our 3rd or 4th rounder this year to move up.

I could possibly get behind moving back in the 2nd to move up a couple spots from 32 though.

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

What do we hypothetically give up to move up from 32? With our lack of picks in the middle rounds I am not a fan at all of giving up our 3rd or 4th rounder this year to move up.

I could possibly get behind moving back in the 2nd to move up a couple spots from 32 though.

You could move 32 for a later Rd 2 pick and pick up a 3 and 5, if you get the right partner.