GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It would be a worthy gamble by Houston. Ryans isn't going to lose his job if Lance sucks and will get another crack at really solving the QB position.

Or they could have just drafted Bryce Young, the QB staring them in the face at 2.  I think its pretty ridiculous to pass on a QB because he's "too small that he will get hurt" and then turn around and trade for a QB that is literally hurt. 2 more years of cost effective contract control with Young, better program pedigree, significantly more experience in college.  Trey Lance has never produced at a level anywhere close to what Bryce Young has shown. 

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Or they could have just drafted Bryce Young, the QB staring them in the face at 2.  I think its pretty ridiculous to pass on a QB because he's "too small that he will get hurt" and then turn around and trade for a QB that is literally hurt. 2 more years of cost effective contract control with Young, better program pedigree, significantly more experience in college.  Trey Lance has never produced at a level anywhere close to what Bryce Young has shown. 

Who said I didn't want Bryce Young because he was an injury risk or injury prone.  Go take a look.  I'll wait.  

We literally have the coach who worked with Trey Lance as our OC.

You don't think he has a rapport with Lance?

The Texans have been working on a Lance trade duringTCMD and before today's selection.

It just happen to come to fruition today.

I personally like Lance as a better prospect at long-term QB.  That's just my opinion.

Also, are you related to BY or something?  You're taking this real personal... 

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Who said I didn't want Bryce Young because he was an injury risk or injury prone.  Go take a look.  I'll wait.  

We literally have the coach who worked with Trey Lance as our OC.

You don't think he has a rapport with Lance?

The Texans have been working on a Lance trade duringTCMD and before today's selection.

It just happen to come to fruition today.

I personally like Lance as a better prospect at long-term QB.  That's just my opinion.

Also, are you related to BY or something?  You're taking this real personal... 

Dude Trey Lance sucks.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude Trey Lance sucks.

No Carson Wentz sucks... Trey Lance has been hurt.

It happens.

Everybody was fawning over DW4 - he got hurt and then he has spent years trying to figure out the right massage technique to get healed up... allegedly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How about plan b?     Levis vs Lance. lol.

I think Levis gets popped for roids in Year 1.

This coming from the team that STILL has Brian Cushing working in our performance staff.

Hey... he did win Rookie of the Year 2X.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude Trey Lance sucks.

We don't know what Trey Lance is outside of maybe injury prone. A 4 game sample (one in a bad rain storm) certainly isn't enough to make the final determination. It's crazy to me that people act like QBs just don't develop at all.

I'm not bullish on his long term outlook, but that's more based on a pragmatic look at the situation that will play out as opposed to his actual skill (He's either behind Purdy or has him breathing down his neck if he stays in SF, so won't get the chance to go through his ups and downs, or he gets moved and the team that acquires him doesn't really have to tie themselves to him long term, which means he likely doesn't have any sort of extended leash that will make them want to bypass getting another QB). 

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

No Carson Wentz sucks... Trey Lance has been hurt.

It happens.

Everybody was fawning over DW4 - he got hurt and then he has spent years trying to figure out the right massage technique to get healed up... allegedly

Trey Lance loss to the Bears this year.

The main problem with Lance is you have 1 year to decide if that 5th year option is worth picking up,where it leads you to a spot like Daniel Jones this year and you have to overpay a QB with a lot of Questions left.

It would also scare the crap out of me that a GM would trade all them picks for Him then trade him to start the last pick in the draft.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's not that crazy. I also have Porter over Witherspoon.

I have Witherspoon #2 behind Gonzalez, and that's purely combine based. I watched a lot of Illinois this year for him and the Brown brothers, and I love this kid's play style. He's tough as nails and I'm praying the Eagles grab him...he would be an instant fan favorite for years to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

We don't know what Trey Lance is outside of maybe injury prone. A 4 game sample (one in a bad rain storm) certainly isn't enough to make the final determination. It's crazy to me that people act like QBs just don't develop at all.

I'm not bullish on his long term outlook, but that's more based on a pragmatic look at the situation that will play out as opposed to his actual skill (He's either behind Purdy or has him breathing down his neck if he stays in SF, so won't get the chance to go through his ups and downs, or he gets moved and the team that acquires him doesn't really have to tie themselves to him long term, which means he likely doesn't have any sort of extended leash that will make them want to bypass getting another QB). 

He was seriously overdrafted, and now he’s injury prone. He sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm kinda with you here. I don't think the Texans gave up a lot to see what Lance has. I mean if he really, truly fails then walk away and start over with maybe getting Maye or Caleb in 2024. It's an interesting risk here.

Personally I was never on the Lance train and would have gone the Young route, but I get the idea behind this at least. I've been wrong plenty of times before. 

• Like 1