GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

Trey Lance loss to the Bears this year.

The main problem with Lance is you have 1 year to decide if that 5th year option is worth picking up,where it leads you to a spot like Daniel Jones this year and you have to overpay a QB with a lot of Questions left.

It would also scare the crap out of me that a GM would trade all them picks for Him then trade him to start the last pick in the draft.

@Forge already said (and I concur) it is unlikely SF trades him.  If they do, it would be either to TN or HOU IMHO.

TN because Ran Carthon + could SF could get Willis in a swap.  More likely that Thumbtacks end up trading up in draft (#3 to get ahead of Indy)

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm kinda with you here. I don't think the Texans gave up a lot to see what Lance has. I mean if he really, truly fails then walk away and start over with maybe getting Maye or Caleb in 2024. It's an interesting risk here.

Personally I was never on the Lance train and would have gone the Young route, but I get the idea behind this at least. I've been wrong plenty of times before. 

I think it make more sense for Indy if someone leap frogs for a QB at 3. Especially given that Ballard loved him during the draft. If I were the colts, I I'd rather draft Will Anderson at 4 and use 35 on Lance than just take Levis at 4. It's a worthwhile gamble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm kinda with you here. I don't think the Texans gave up a lot to see what Lance has. I mean if he really, truly fails then walk away and start over with maybe getting Maye or Caleb in 2024. It's an interesting risk here.

Personally I was never on the Lance train and would have gone the Young route, but I get the idea behind this at least. I've been wrong plenty of times before. 

me 2 my friend... lol.. I was firmly in the Dillard over Howard camp (traded up to get him in a mock with Ed Oliver still on the board IIRC)

Just now, Forge said:

I think it make more sense for Indy if someone leap frogs for a QB at 3. Especially given that Ballard loved him during the draft. If I were the colts, I I'd rather draft Will Anderson at 4 and use 35 on Lance than just take Levis at 4. It's a worthwhile gamble. 

Don't Put That On Me GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I have Witherspoon #2 behind Gonzalez, and that's purely combine based. I watched a lot of Illinois this year for him and the Brown brothers, and I love this kid's play style. He's tough as nails and I'm praying the Eagles grab him...he would be an instant fan favorite for years to come.

I'm not saying Witherspoon is bad by any means, I like him a lot too. But I have him behind Gonzalez and Porter, all 3 are fairly close in my personal rankings.

Also adding that I wouldn't fault anyone having Witherspoon higher either. Like I said, all three are close to me. Just don't think it's that shocking to see Porter going before Witherspoon.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm not saying Witherspoon is bad by any means, I like him a lot too. But I have him behind Gonzalez and Porter, all 3 are fairly close in my personal rankings.

Also adding that I wouldn't fault anyone having Witherspoon higher either. Like I said, all three are close to me. Just don't think it's that shocking to see Porter going before Witherspoon.

I won't complain about that.

I’m interested to hear the reaction if my fellow Eagle breathern’s reaction to the Nolan Smith selection. Was between him and Witherspoon. I started CB last mock. I feel like Smith in this pass rush rotation is deadly 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m interested to hear the reaction if my fellow Eagle breathern’s reaction to the Nolan Smith selection. Was between him and Witherspoon. I started CB last mock. I feel like Smith in this pass rush rotation is deadly 

Smith seems to fit their scheme.  Would have preferred a trade down then taking him but those can be hard to find in a mock like this.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Patriots 1.14 for sale if anyone wants to move up.

Use OTC trade value chart in order to trade with me.    Yup, it is easy to make a trade.  hit me up.

I don't have much picks, but if you take Jerry Jeudy and one of my 3rd round picks....I'd do it.

21 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I just hate Penn State. 😆 I have it: Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Banks, Porter. But you're right, they're all close enough to each other where no order is flat out wrong.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I would not be mad about Smith. I do see him as a little bit redundant with Reddick as I don't think it would be common to see them both on the field at once...unless Desai likes to mix in a little traditional 3-4 here and there and let's them both rush from a 2-point stance. He will keep Reddick fresher than Kyron Johnson though. lol. But the kid has exceptional character and his athletic profile is off the charts. He was never asked to be a sack guy at UGA either, but that's more scheme than capability.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I just hate Penn State. 😆 I have it: Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Banks, Porter. But you're right, they're all close enough to each other where no order is flat out wrong.

I would not be mad about Smith. I do see him as a little bit redundant with Reddick as I don't think it would be common to see them both on the field at once...unless Desai likes to mix in a little traditional 3-4 here and there and let's them both rush from a 2-point stance. He will keep Reddick fresher than Kyron Johnson though. lol. But the kid has exceptional character and his athletic profile is off the charts. He was never asked to be a sack guy at UGA either, but that's more scheme than capability.

I wanted a trade back too. If Desi is creative man having Reddick, Smith and Sweat on the field can be so dangerous. 

it was very tight between Smith and Witherspoon but I really wanted to try a different scenario with going edge first 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I wanted a trade back too. If Desi is creative man having Reddick, Smith and Sweat on the field can be so dangerous. 

it was very tight between Smith and Witherspoon but I really wanted to try a different scenario with going edge first 

Yeah, like I said…I wouldn’t be angry. Taking Skoronski would piss me off. 😆