GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Happy to add Van Ness that late.   He’s raw, but between him and GK we have 2 edges 22 and under that can win with power (at the very least).   

It was between him or McDonald for me. 

McDonald profiles better as an edge which is needed cuz sacks were poor last year. 

Van Ness made sense for a DT/DE if I wanted to go younger but it's with signing doegbe and the other guy plus keeping gotsis keeps DE/DT pretty full 

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Kancey is overated. 

Lacks arm length, size.  Fits more like a weird DE then DT imo. 

I don't know that Kancey is overrated if you're getting him at the end of round 1 / early round two, but I am really worried about the arm length, tbh. 

Was quite torn here between Hyatt and some of the defensive talent also available on the board but ultimately leaned in the direction of supporting the new franchise QB in Bryce Young. 

Considering that free agent signing Isaiah McKenzie and trade acquisition K.J. Hamler both have only 1 year on their deals, with the latter of these two being a bit of a gamble coming off injury, there is room for Hyatt to be a long-term fixture in this offense and contribute right away, whether it is lining up in the slot, where he thrived in Tennessee, with both Michael Pittman and Alec Pierce on the outside, or potentially shifting Hyatt to ZWR role and using Pierce as a big slot.

There is precedent for teams investing this much early draft capital at WR to fuel a Super Bowl offense, if you look at the Cincinnati Bengals: JaMarr Chase (2021 1st round pick), Tee Higgins (2020 2nd round pick), and Tyler Boyd (2016 2nd round pick).

Edited by eaglesfan0075