GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

Just to update everyone...my wife's cerebral spinal fluid leak was repaired on Friday afternoon. She was discharged yesterday and is home resting. No signs of meningitis, so that's a huge win. They figured let her rest at home instead of a hospital bed until they can perform her 2nd procedure. I am taking her back down Thursday afternoon for a stent to be placed through her femoral artery via catheter into her dural venous sinus to help alleviate the underlying cause of all this which is high baseline cranial pressure. She's been dealing with ear aches, sinus pressure, headaches, etc. for quite a while...and all the doctors just diagnose a sinus infection and sent her on her way. Two Saturdays ago we were in Target and she had to sneeze. In today's age, you always get looked at funny when you're out and about and sneeze, cough, etc. So she held her nose to stifle the sneeze. It worked, but it also blew a hole between the back of her sinus and her brain...she immediately started having a runny nose. It's allergy season, etc. so we thought nothing of it until she woke up Sunday morning with a soaking wet pillow. Took her to the ER and was immediately sent to the best ENT/Neurosurgery hospital in Philadelphia. Spent all last week in there hooked up to hardcore IV antibiotics to prevent meningitis. Moral of this ridiculously long story...if you have to sneeze, let 'er rip!

So far, I am very happy with the draft class for the Lions with two picks still left to make:

Lions 2023 Draft

R1P6- Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon
R1P18- Myles Murphy, EDGE Clemson
R1P30- Calijah Kancey, DL Pitt
R2P55- Trenton Simpson, LB Clemson
R5P152- Brenton Strange, TE Penn State
R6P183- 
R6P194- 

I believe those four top-55 defensive players would very quickly lead to the Lions being the NFCN favorites. They had the offense last year but couldn't stop anyone. Adding Murphy and Kancey to the line with Hutchinson and McNeil would be fun to watch. Gonzalez is now part of a pretty good CB group along with Moseley, Sutton, etc. Simpson I think is pretty underrated due to his position being devalued, but he has the athletic profile and meanness to be a big difference maker for them. I had really been hoping that Schoonmaker would be there for my 5th rounder, but I'm still happy with Strange. He's more of an H-back than a true Y TE, but he's very athletic and could make a decent impact as a rookie. He has room to grow for sure.

• Like 7

@MikeT14 @EaglesPeteC

It looks like two teams had no business owning 2 picks and 2 teams have missing picks in 7th.

Need to be removed:

223: Colts

233: Texans

Need to be added:

233: Commanders

234: Steelers

After that,  Commanders and Steelers need to recheck them out if they are traded or not in this mock.

Edited by JetsandI

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@MikeT14 @EaglesPeteC

It looks like two teams had no business owning 2 picks and 2 teams have missing picks in 7th.

Need to be removed:

223: Colts

233: Texans

Need to be added:

233: Commanders

234: Steelers

After that,  Commanders and Steelers need to recheck them out if they are traded or not in this mock.

I think it is easier to start with 233.  Replace old team with new team

then insert 234 for Steelers.  then, delete 223 Colts. Finally, move all up.