GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Jaren Hall in the 7th round by the Commanders is great value, could easily go a few rounds earlier IRL. 

Took Hall with pick 212 in TCMD for the Cowboys along with Eric Gray with pick 163. Both guys fell significantly in this mock.

I'm pretty much out on any 25 year old rookie, especially a developmental one. Obviously not a big deal on a 7th round pick, but don't think that there's a ton of value there either. 

The Broncos finishes out their eventful draft. Started with only 5th picks and end up making 10. Traded away Courtland Sutton, K.J. Hamler, Lloyd Cushenberry and Albert Okwuegbunam and added Mo Ali-Cox

Here's the 2023 EPC Broncos draft class:

45 - LUKE MUSGRAVE - TE - OREGON STATE: Uncle used to be QB coach in Denver, we are very high on him. Greg Dulcich is only going to his second year, but TE play, specially in the pass game was abysmal last year. Hopefully a totally renewed group with Musgrave, Dulcich, Manhertz and Ali-Cox would provide more from this position. Musgrave were on a top 30 visit in Denver, a Sutton trade is likely required for the Broncos to land him IRL.

68 - JOE TIPPMANN - C - WISCONSIN: Another position group totally rebuild this offseason, Tippmann would arrive along side Ben Powers and Mike McGlinchey as new starter on the OL.

101 - TYJAE SPEARS - RB - TULANE: Personal favorite of mine in the draft, he may not be target by Denver IRL (They showed interest on a bunch of Day 3 RBs, but if they are interested on Spears they've kept really quiet. I think Spears would suit perfectly with Javonte Williams and Samaje Perine and be a home run hitter.

102 - DEMARVION OVERSHOWN - LB - TEXAS: Another top 30 visit for the Broncos, if he is not taken too high I imagine that this pick will happen IRL. He would start behind Jewell and Singleton, but would definitely see playing time.

149 - CHARLIE JONES - WR - PURDUE: if Denver really moves on from Sutton (and Hamler, but I doubt he has any value IRL), the Broncos will need depth behind Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick and Marquez Callaway. Charlie Jones is very consistent and would be amazing help.

150 - JAKE MOODY - K - MICHIGAN: Multiple reports are coming out of Denver that Brandon McManus' job is not safe, but I doubt McManus is gone unless they draft someone. If we are going this route, Moody has the best chance among the rookies to beat out McManus for the job.

155 - JACK COLLETO - FB/TE/LB/QB - OREGON STATE: Called Taysom Hill 2.0, easy to see why Denver brought him on a visit. Definitely a Sean Payton's pick right here. Not sure where they would list him, might be backup QB/wildcat QB. Position he formally played before transferring to Oregon State

195 - JAKE WITT - OT - NORTHERN MICHIGAN: This kid might be a Dimond in the rough. Not invited to the combine, but crushed his pro day, having 3 would be combine record (he would have beat Tristan Wirfs broad jump mark) if he was there in Indy. His pro day earned him an article in The Athletic by Dane Brugler and a visit in Denver. Would be 1st backup option at tackle in Denver

236 - ART GREEN - CB - HOUSTON: a 6'1" 198 pounds corner that posted a 4.36 40, 36-inch vertical and a 10-foot-2-inches broad jump at Houston's Pro Day. Also had a visit in Denver, but also visited with the Colts and Texans.

238 - DAVID DURDEN - WR - WEST FLORIDA: 6'2" 200 pounds receiver that run a 4.38 40 at his Pro Day. Had a 54-catch, 1,128-yard, 13-score season in 2022. Would give Denver another consistent option at the WR group if he can transition to the pro level quickly. Another prospect that Denver brought in on a top 30 visit.

Edited by BowserBroncos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty much out on any 25 year old rookie, especially a developmental one. Obviously not a big deal on a 7th round pick, but don't think that there's a ton of value there either. 

Fair enough, but I think he goes higher than 7th IRL despite the age concerns 

14 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Fair enough, but I think he goes higher than 7th IRL despite the age concerns 

Oh, I definitely think he'll go higher. You're right about that.  I think he goes early day three. Just not my cup of tea.  

Well both my drafts are complete. I neither love, nor hate either effort. Both teams got some guys that will fill important roles

Dallas Cowboys:

26 = Emmanuel Forbes / CB / Mississippi St

58 = Nathaniel “Tank” Dell / WR / Houston

90 = Jaquelin Roy / DT / LSU

129 = Kendre Miller / RB / TCU

169 = Kendrick Green / G / acquired from Pittsburgh via trade

212 = Jordan McFadden / G / Clemson

246 = Thomas Incoom / DE / CMU

———————————

Cleveland Browns:

74 = Noah Sewell / LB / Oregon

98 = Henry To’oTo’o / LB / Alabama