2023: Defense

onejayhawk

31 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Yeah, how Sneed nor McDuffie made it is beyond me

That's easy. The defense doesn't have the rep, yet.

Put them on the Ravens or 49ers, even the Seahawks, and they would be in by acclamation. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Does he know he isn’t coming back? Sneed is my #1 priority, but Gay is up there too and he shouldn’t be too expensive. 

I guess that he's wrong, but not by much. The Texans have to take out the Ravens next weekend to get another game in Arrowhead.

Next year, Gay will be playing for another team and getting paid a lot more money.

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Did Veach just hit on another late round DB? Just needs to fall on the fumble next time. He made quite a few big plays on Sunday night 

Baby Sneed ish in my opinion. Another solid tackler in the secondary.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:32 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Does he know he isn’t coming back? Sneed is my #1 priority, but Gay is up there too and he shouldn’t be too expensive. 

I think Sneed and CJ are the priorities and Gay will get more money elsewhere that we can sign him for - especially since I'm hoping we plan on signing a WR

11 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Baby Sneed ish in my opinion. Another solid tackler in the secondary.

If we let Sneed go, how well Conner has played is going to be why, IMO. I think Sneed has played better than Jones this year, and is younger to boot. But it's easier to see a good secondary on this team without Sneed than a good interior without Jones.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If we let Sneed go, how well Conner has played is going to be why, IMO. I think Sneed has played better than Jones this year, and is younger to boot. But it's easier to see a good secondary on this team without Sneed than a good interior without Jones.

I see Conner as more of a safety, he might be able to play corner and some slot, but he’s like the 4th safety rn, and deep back on the corner chart I imagine

21 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I see Conner as more of a safety, he might be able to play corner and some slot, but he’s like the 4th safety rn, and deep back on the corner chart I imagine

There's a lot of crossover between what we ask of our safeties and any corner that lines up in the slot. And he's done well as a tackler and blitzer when used in those spots. We have McDuffie, Watson, and Williams all for awhile still. I'm imagining something like McDuffie plays outside in base then moves inside in nickel, Williams and Watson are pure boundary guys, and Conner takes what's left of the slot snaps in dime and when he isn't playing true safety. So not that he'd replace Sneed or anything, more that he's just another example of the depth and scouting we have at DB, that we don't at DT, sadly.