Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Ah well. Kirk and Justin played well. Philly’s coverage just doesn’t look right in the middle of the field and their passing offense seems a bit more boom or bust than last year. But they are still excellent on both lines of scrimmage. And they still have really dangerous receivers. 

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Ah well. Kirk and Justin played well. Philly’s coverage just doesn’t look right in the middle of the field and their passing offense seems a bit more boom or bust than last year. But they are still excellent on both lines of scrimmage. And they still have really dangerous receivers. 

The lines make them very difficult to beat. My gut says that is ultimately what our downfall is

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The lines make them very difficult to beat. My gut says that is ultimately what our downfall is

Yeah, I can definitely see that. The right side on offense especially. I think we’ll do well enough on the defensive line. We did last year. We run single high more than most teams and the Eagles have been slowed both this year and last by single high. But we chose Hargrave over offensive line options this offseason. And he is a better player and player for money than those offensive line options. But that’s the one bit of the team that feels like a real weakness and the swing tackle situation is even worse.

The only consolation is that Purdy had the highest passer rating under pressure in the NFL last year and he did remarkably well in week one for being under more pressure than some more highly touted guys that crumbled under similar pressure rates. I think that pressure resistance might just be a particular skill of his.

But you don’t want to need that trick. It’s a cherry on top that finishes things, not something that should bail you out of roster mistakes. And Purdy (like all quarterbacks) is significantly better when not pressured. Anyhow, it’s a fun group at the top of the NFC. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I heard a rumor that Kaep was hit with a restraining order by the Jets...can anyone confirm this?

I feel like maybe the Babylon Bee isn't a real source that you should put stock in

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like maybe the Babylon Bee isn't a real source that you should put stock in

I have no clue what source my coworker got it from. Just sounded like something that could happen. Especially when I recall the story Bart Oates son tells about visiting Egypt...he almost literally ran into Kaep who was supposed to be in Ghana, not Egypt. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I have no clue what source my coworker got it from. Just sounded like something that could happen. Especially when I recall the story Bart Oates son tells about visiting Egypt...he almost literally ran into Kaep who was supposed to be in Ghana, not Egypt. 

A team filing a restraining order on a player for wanting to play for them sounds like something that could happen? Really? 

I have no idea what that story has to do with anything 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Forge said:

A team filing a restraining order on a player for wanting to play for them sounds like something that could happen? Really? 

I have no idea what that story has to do with anything 

Kaep is predictably unpredictable is my point. Yes, really. After all, it is only an opinion. And yes, my bias is coloring that opinion. 

35 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What does "almost literally" even mean?

• Like 5