Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

10 sacks last year. 

But he gassed at the end of the season. 9.5 of those came in the first 9 games

Yeah, I just know that he was pretty much invisible at the end of last year.

Not that it really matters as we will only see him once, but I’m glad we didn’t make a move for him. Also want no part of his back issues. 

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like the Rams are bringing in Carson Wentz for at least a workout

That’d be a sure way for Bosa to break the sack record if he starts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, adamq said:

So more suspensions are coming... The NFLPA needs to crack down. IMO pro athletes shouldn't be able to gamble on any sports, period.  

So let me get this straight....The NFL straight up promotes gambling on a daily basis but you think players should not be able to gamble on other sports? Huh? How does that even make any sense???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So let me get this straight....The NFL straight up promotes gambling on a daily basis but you think players should not be able to gamble on other sports? Huh? How does that even make any sense???

I'm with you, as long as it's not done on team facilities, or on NFL games, or their own teams games, I'm ok with it.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because of a few bad, stupid, apples. "Gamble responsibly" is always the closing line of those ads and ALL team personnel aside from players are already banned from any form of sports gambling.

It also opens the door to insider info floating back and forth between college/NFL football or even other pro sports.  Of course if someone was going to do such a thing, they would likely use 3rd parties to place bets.. but again, this eliminates any possibility of a player placing bets when or where he isn't supposed to.

31 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I'm with you, as long as it's not done on team facilities, or on NFL games, or their own teams games, I'm ok with it.

I really don't see why it's a big deal at the team facilities either personally. As long as they aren't betting on the NFL. 

• Like 1

From the NFL gambling policy, for all NFL personnel whether you are a Director of Football Ops, a secretary, or on the chain gang.

2. Betting on Other Sports: All NFL Personnel other than Players are further prohibited from 
placing, soliciting, or facilitating bets on any other professional (e.g., NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, 
USTA, MLS), college (e.g., NCAA basketball), international (e.g., World Baseball Classic, 
World Cup), or amateur (e.g., Olympic, AAU) sports competition, tournament or event.

Why wouldn't you extend this to players solely to uphold the integrity of the league? It would have to be collectively bargained of course, but the owners should be willing to budge somewhere in order to help prevent their players from doing something stupid.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Cardinals cut Nuk 

I'm actually disappointed in the fact they cut him. 

1) they didn't pay him 19m 

2) they took the entire 22m dead cap hit this year, showing they know they need to blow it up and start over

Believe it or not, doing both of those things shows competence on their part. Sure, they didn't get a 5th round pick or whatever but a trade was never happening because he isn't worth 19m 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Sure, they didn't get a 5th round pick or whatever but a trade was never happening because he isn't worth 19m 

I mean, obj just got 15 million for a year.  19 million puts him between diontae Johnson and Brandin cooks.  19 million isn't really that big of a deal. He had a higher y/rr than Higgins, dk, deebo, Mike Williams, Kirk. Right in line with Chase, even. His on the field performance is still pretty good. There should be some concern about injuries, but one year, 19/20 million isn't all that much to be worried about. 

That said, he's made it clear there are only a few places he wants to play, and if that's true, that certainly won't help him cash in