Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm curious if they did that if we would lose the comp pick

idk the answer, as I don't get the whole comp pick formula, but his signing should cancel out Hargrave's, so McGlinchey is the one that gets us a 3rd.

Just now, 49erscap said:

idk the answer, as I don't get the whole comp pick formula, but his signing should cancel out Hargrave's, so McGlinchey is the one that gets us a 3rd.

Yes, but if that contract voids to the comp formula, then McG is cancelled out by hargrave because Jimmy no longer applies. 

I've reached out to Nick Korte to see if he knows, but I'm not sure if he'll answer. I have to imagine that Jimmy counts out to the formula regardless as it is a signed contract... But I'm not sure if they have to break the season with the team or something

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was there a crazy amount of wind or something?? I refuse to think these two QBs were missing that badly with no defenders on the field lol.

If not, it looks one of those weird situations where one of us could say "I could do better than that" and be right lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was there a crazy amount of wind or something?? I refuse to think these two QBs were missing that badly with no defenders on the field lol.

A conditional 2024 first round pick for Trey Lance to the Buc? Who says no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

According to Chris Simms, Baker is better than Purdy, so best put respect on that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

According to Chris Simms, Baker is better than Purdy, so best put respect on that

That is by far Simms biggest flaw. He just can't let go of his initial opinion on a player and will try to die on a hill for that player. We saw that last year with Wilson and how much he would defend him after every bad performance. 

Bucs still have some talent on that team but my goodness is the QB play going to be horrendous. 

On 5/29/2023 at 3:06 PM, 49erscap said:

Nick Korte responded to me, here it is.

We should team up with some AFC team and do this every other year. We sign 3-4 of their FAs, put in a clause that allows us to cut them at no cost before the start of the season, massive AAV, they collect comp picks, then the following year they do the same for us. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

We should team up with some AFC team and do this every other year. We sign 3-4 of their FAs, put in a clause that allows us to cut them at no cost before the start of the season, massive AAV, they collect comp picks, then the following year they do the same for us. 

That's a lot of effort just to end up drafting a kicker and 5th round TE though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

Lol, does Nick follow you by chance, some people respond quicker to those they follow, I'm not one of those, but some are. But no you're not chopped liver lol

He doesn't. 

I have like 18 followers and don't say much that is of interest lol. He responds to me when I respond to him though. That was the first time I ever tried to just reach out

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

He doesn't. 

I have like 18 followers and don't say much that is of interest lol. He responds to me when I respond to him though. That was the first time I ever tried to just reach out

I follow you right? Forget who's who on Twitter.

• Like 1