Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

34 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Cowboys lose last week, Lions lose tonight

Just need 1 more win & Eagles loss to clinch the #1 seed & bye

There is a scenario the Rams clinch with a win tomorrow. I don't think they will care too much about being the 6th or 7th seed. So we can get their back ups in week 18.

This win by the Lions assures us getting the 2nd seed if we take care of business tomorrow. 

Great result! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is a scenario the Rams clinch with a win tomorrow. I don't think they will care too much about being the 6th or 7th seed. So we can get their back ups in week 18.

This win by the Lions assures us getting the 2nd seed if we take care of business tomorrow. 

Great result! 

Honestly, and I don't want this to convey any kind of arrogance with this statement, but I don't see any team in the NFC being able to handle us in the playoffs.

Not saying we can't be beaten.

ANY team can be beaten if they don't come prepared & ready to fight for it.

But just watching the Cowgirls/Lions game really cemented it for me.

If we just play a clean game and cash in our redzone opportunities, we should be more than fine.

Health will be paramount.

But we just have too much going for us on both sides of the ball for teams to contend with for a full 60 mins. Eventually mistakes will happen and opportunities will be there to be had.

We just have to hold up our end of the bargain.

Ironically, I think the only team that could really make life hell for us is the Lambs.

• Like 1

it is stupid how mahomes gets every call to go his way.  Just tuned in to watch the end of the chiefs/bangles and the white hat just gives the special child and extra 1.5 yards to give them the first down overriding the line judges spot.  Hope it comes back with the challange.

edit: challenge puts the ball back to the original spot, its like you let people do their job for a better result.

Edited by burlow

Rams clinch a spot and locked into a 6th or 7th seed. Probably worth it to try and avoid @ Dallas in the first round, but could also see them not want to risk injuries to their stars. Possible both teams just take next week as a tune-up game

Edited by jonnguy2015