Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I don’t know why I watch sports? I should take up gardening, making bread, killing hookers, knitting, etc. 

this is not fun 

Haha, ditto. It’s not fun to watch. Until they’re up by about 24 in the 4th quarter. Otherwise, it’s just exhausting. 

• Like 1

Ben Johnson staying in Detroit. One reporter claims he wants 15m/year so owners laughed him out the room, Johnsons agent claims that's a lie. Either way it's hard to see why he'd pass up on the Washington job. Fresh start with his choice of Daniels/Maye/?? at QB

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

Ben Johnson staying in Detroit. One reporter claims he wants 15m/year so owners laughed him out the room, Johnsons agent claims that's a lie. Either way it's hard to see why he'd pass up on the Washington job. Fresh start with his choice of Daniels/Maye/?? at QB

It is a bit of a headscratcher, but I think he just feels there is unfinished business? Or, he didn't care for the situations/offers...?

I sure was happy when Ryans stuck with us an extra year...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It is a bit of a headscratcher, but I think he just feels there is unfinished business? Or, he didn't care for the situations/offers...?

I sure was happy when Ryans stuck with us an extra year...

He's turned down HC hires for two years now. Panthers last year good call on his part, and now Commanders/Seahawks. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Well, they did rather unceremoniously dump Pete....perhaps Sherm has an issue with that?

I don't think Sherm liked how he was shown the door in Seattle. "They cut me too" is what he said to Marshawn when he visited the set of one of the TNF post game chats or whatever it was. 

Also, seems like a contingent of the 12th man has been bagging on him recently for showing support for the 49ers, and he's just had enough of it online. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Vrabel was still out there, but Quinn it is. Wonder if Bill fills the DC in Dallas in hopes of becoming the HC the following season 

I wouldn't be shocked if Quinn hires his OC from our coaching staff ala Brian Fluery our TE coach or Brian Griese 

Quinn and Morris getting jobs with Mike Vrable out there is mind boggling to me. 

very uninspired hires by the Falcons and Commanders. 

I mean... at least with Bill Belichick I get it. he's coming off a disasterous post-brady stint in NE demanding total control over a franchise when his total control decisions just ran the Patriots organization into the ground. 

but Mike Vrable? no excuses for that one. 

Edited by Herodreamer79