Cardinals unveiling new Uniforms/Branding (on April 20th)

Kiltman

55 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I hope they don't mess with their classic look too much...

most rumors from people with a track record for this stuff says you'll be disappointed.

Darker Red and Orange has been the prevailing thing

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Didn't name their team after a bird. Oldest North American Football Franchise. Named after the color if their jerseys, which were purchased used from the University of Chicago. Called the faded red "Cardinal Red" a la Stanford. The shift to Cardinals (as in birds) came later.

Fair enough. I guess don't adopt the bird mascot then. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

if you do, at least make it cool

Cardinal seems really difficult. Only one I remember seeing that I somewhat liked was this one in a pile of strange redesigns. Most of which are too complicated I think to actually be used in advertising. Cardinals' one might work though.

213fecd8ef52fded90f9c5fa718ce247.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

They should do the word “cards” in cursive on the helmets like the old school Terps helmets. 

Keep the helmet white, have cards in red.

Would look way better than the bird

this sounds amazing... spot on my friend 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Cardinal seems really difficult. Only one I remember seeing that I somewhat liked was this one in a pile of strange redesigns. Most of which are too complicated I think to actually be used in advertising. Cardinals' one might work though.

213fecd8ef52fded90f9c5fa718ce247.jpg

Hadn't seen this redesign project before. I agree they are almost all useless as for as something teams could rally go with for a primary logo.
I think yeah if you make it a little less of a delicate design line-wise it could be fine.

Like that Ravens shield, would be a nice update/secondary for them.

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

They should do the word “cards” in cursive on the helmets like the old school Terps helmets. 

Keep the helmet white, have cards in red.

Would look way better than the bird

speaking of that... how bad should the Terps switch back to those over the crap they have now? 

I am a Buckeye and loved those old Terps helmets... I think almost all unis and helmets from the 80's and 90's are superior to so much crap they do today... 

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

speaking of that... how bad should the Terps switch back to those over the crap they have now? 

I am a Buckeye and loved those old Terps helmets... I think almost all unis and helmets from the 80's and 90's are superior to so much crap they do today... 

They literally switched back yesterday!

That’s why it was on my mind for the cardinals. Im so happy…I’ve been calling for the change for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

They literally switched back yesterday!

That’s why it was on my mind for the cardinals. Im so happy…I’ve been calling for the change for years.

Nice… classic look. I love it. 
In the video the black jersey and white helmet combo was fire.  But no matter which he script on the helmet is awesome.  

Edited by fluhartz
  • Like 1