2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Maybe this is one of the reasons he’s not a HC. 

I 100% think this is the reason he’s not a HC but, I will say our offensive players needed a coach like him to guide them & demand more out of them. 

He just did a press conference that I listened to one 106.7 the Fan, and like it or not, I think you have to respect him and the way he coaches. To me, he coaches like Mike Tomlin, they demand a lot of their players and strive for perfection on every snap but in the end their best players & those players who are worth keeping will respect them for their hard demanding coaching bc it will make that player better and thus the team better.

JP Finlay asked Bieniemy about Howell and Bieniemy said that Howell is coming a long great. He said obviously he’s had his good and bad days, his ups and downs but Howell has come a long way since this spring and he’s proud of him. He also said you can see the potential in him to be a great QB.

JP followed up asking him about Brissett and he said Brissett has been great too and he’s been a steady veteran. He’s conducted himself well and been a steady leader which in turn has helped Howell learn how to be a leader as a QB in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

In the YouTube video I posted above John Keim points out that players have come to Rivera and said that Bieniemy’s coaching methods are too harsh. Rivera in return said to those players to go talk to Eric about it. The players went to talk to Eric about it and then the players found the one on one conversation with Eric to be enlightening. So, this is much ado about nothing IMO.

Some players were worried about the intensity of practice and being worked too hard or how the go go go intensity would affect them long term but when they talked to Eric about it they learned where he was coming from and we’re enlightened.

During the Keim podcast he said he interviewed Antonio Gibson about it and Gibson said he’s enjoyed it and he feels he’s in the best shape he’s been in since he came to Washington. He said the higher pace has led to more plays being run in practice which has gotten him in better shape and the extra work of running out every rep has helped him and he’s in great shape he feels because of that. Gibson also said jokingly that when he goes to sleep he heard Bieniemy’s voice saying “go, go, go… finish, finish, finish!” 😂 

John Keim also pointed out that something had to change with this offense because they haven’t been above 20th in the NFL in yards since 2017, the last year Kirk was our QB. That’s bad and unacceptable. You can’t have a winning season if you’re offense can’t get above 20th in the league in yards.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

R R is worried E B will be the H C next season. 

If we don't win right away there will most likely be an interim status prior as well. 

Ron still doesn't have people skills. Accountability is lost on him. If there is anything to take from this, Ron is setting up Bieniemy to be the fall guy for any offensive shortcomings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

If we don't win right away there will most likely be an interim status prior as well. 

Ron still doesn't have people skills. Accountability is lost on him. If there is anything to take from this, Ron is setting up Bieniemy to be the fall guy for any offensive shortcomings. 

If I was the owner I would see right through Ron bc Ron has yet to put together an offense which is above 20th in the NFL in yards. That’s on Ron. Ron has had total control of football operations since 2020. Ron chose to not retain O’Connell who Haskins had developed a good repor with in December of 2019 when KOC was given more responsibilities by Callahan to run the offense. Ron instead hired his friend Norv Turner’s son - Scott Turner - and the results weren’t good enough for 3 years straight. Scott would’ve been fine as the QB coach, but KOC Should’ve been kept as the OC.

Then, in 2021 Ron cut Morgan Moses which was a mistake and made our OL weaker. Ron really didn’t make any upgrades to the offense except bringing back Ereck Flowers & signing Curtis Samuel but Samuel got hurt & Ron Lied about how serious Samuel’s injury was all offseason and season long which made Samuel look like a soft player but he was only viewed that way bc his coach wasn’t being honest about how serious Samuel’s injury was.

In 2022 Ron had the disastrous Carson Wentz trade when it was clear for the 2nd year in a row that instead of going with an old vet & this one they traded for, they needed to go with a young QB to develop or at least with a young QB to sit behind the place holder in Heinicke as that young QB developed. On top of that Ron cut Ereck Flowers after we couldn’t re-sign Scherff, meaning we had lost our 2 best OL from the 2021 season. What a mess, and Ron didn’t draft a guard high in the draft to replace one of them or sign a good FA to replace at least one of them, instead he signed two Commanther guards who were washed.

Ron has been looking for the quick fix at QB ever since he gave up on Hakskins in 2020 until possibly now if Ron actually does start Howell & sticks with him through Howell’s sure to be ups and downs as a young QB this season.

IMO though it’s too late for Ron to save his job for next season short of Bieneimy & Howell having this offense clicking during the season and them helping the offense become good for the first time under Ron’s tenure here which then helps us get into the playoffs.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

R R is worried E B will be the H C next season. 

This is Rivera’s last year. Anybody who believes otherwise is just crazy. Mayhew, Wright, Rivera and Crew including EB will all be gone. I’ve said all along I think Harbaugh will be the next coach of this team with a strong GM candidate and I stick by it. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is Rivera’s last year. Anybody who believes otherwise is just crazy. Mayhew, Wright, Rivera and Crew including EB will all be gone. I’ve said all along I think Harbaugh will be the next coach of this team with a strong GM candidate and I stick by it. 

Ugh, Jim Harbaugh? No thanks. Can we please hire a young and innovate offensive coordinator or if the offense does better, Howell shows some promise but we miss the playoffs, make Bieniemy the HC.

I agree RON ain’t it, and all those other people need to be gone but I’m not sure yet they Bieniemy needs to be gone & I don’t like Harbaugh as a HC. His offense is stuck on the 80s & 90s, even in college. I can’t stand his 3 yards & a cloud of dust offense. We can do better.

Keim said on his podcast that Paul has been holding how own vs Jon Allen in the 11-on-11s. Paul is strong & he got a hold of Allen on one rep and won that rep. Then there was another rep where Jon Allen won it because Allen didn't allow Paul to get his hands on him.