2023 Draft Rumors - Smoke or Fire?

Just Want A Title

6 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The rumor about a trade-down from 18 makes a lot of sense.  Most of the players left on the board at that point will have probably a similar grade.  There is a ton of value in Rounds 2 and 3.  Getting some additional picks in that range would be pretty useful.  Kansas City is rumored to be looking to move up.  I could see them moving to 18 if one of the top-shelf OT prospects are still there.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/4/24/23695793/2023-nfl-draft-rumor-detroit-detroit-lions-trade-down-pick-18-calls

Rumor has it, KC wants Zay Flowers and don't think he'll last to #31. 

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Who is playing LT in KC?  Jawaan Taylor can't be considered "the answer".  Dang.

I'm not up to speed on all things Chiefs but apparently they do want Taylor at LT and I'm assuming they'll address the OL at some point in the draft. They also lost Juju and Mecole and from what I've been reading, the league isn't as high on these WRs as fans and mock drafters seem to be. I don't know that they'll draft Zay, but it's an interesting rumor for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm not up to speed on all things Chiefs but apparently they do want Taylor at LT and I'm assuming they'll address the OL at some point in the draft. They also lost Juju and Mecole and from what I've been reading, the league isn't as high on these WRs as fans and mock drafters seem to be. I don't know that they'll draft Zay, but it's an interesting rumor for sure. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if JSN was the only wr to go in the 1st. I think Mingo could surprise and be the 2nd wr taken. This group just doesn’t impress although there is depth

33 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Hearing more and more that Stroud might drop. He and Young are the only QBs worth taking for me, if he's there at 6, I want him. 

That S2 score combined with struggles under pressure or when things break down ( yeah he played great vs Georgia) have to be concerning.  OSU system doesn’t help.  Impossible to make the call without your coaches sitting down with him in a film room and picking his brain but he mite just process information to slowly 

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

That S2 score combined with struggles under pressure or when things break down ( yeah he played great vs Georgia) have to be concerning.  OSU system doesn’t help.  Impossible to make the call without your coaches sitting down with him in a film room and picking his brain but he mite just process information to slowly 

There's rumor that Stroud's S2 score was "taken out of context" and not a true reflection of his actual grade.

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Lions brought him in for a visit two weeks ago. 

37 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Hearing more and more that Stroud might drop. He and Young are the only QBs worth taking for me, if he's there at 6, I want him. 

I'd be hesitant on why he dropped to us at 6 while QB needy teams aren't jumping at him. 

So, S2 Cognition test update. I believe it was the CEO was on Pat McAfee. Said that one of the players took the test at 11 pm after a super long day at the combine. Didn't have much to eat, etc. Sort of had to take the test at the combine. They told [the player] they'd get him back on his pro day. They did and they scored significantly better. He didn't confirm this was Stroud but merely painted the "context" around leaked test results. 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd be hesitant on why he dropped to us at 6 while QB needy teams aren't jumping at him. 

So, S2 Cognition test update. I believe it was the CEO was on Pat McAfee. Said that one of the players took the test at 11 pm after a super long day at the combine. Didn't have much to eat, etc. Sort of had to take the test at the combine. They told [the player] they'd get him back on his pro day. They did and they scored significantly better. He didn't confirm this was Stroud but merely painted the "context" around leaked test results. 

Teams are stupid. Bears moved up for Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. Teams let Hurts slide to the 2nd round while Jordon Love went in the first. Baker and Darnold were taken top 3, Lamar was the last pick of the first round. People wanted us to pass on Stafford for Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman. Fields went from the #2 QB in the draft to #11 while Wilson went #2 overall. Teams mess up all the time. Mostly when they go for "climbers" instead of the steady guys who have been graded highly the entire time. It's how teams draft Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson. And luckily, Dan Campbell has said that they don't judge guys in pajamas but from film. 

4 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

The rumor about a trade-down from 18 makes a lot of sense.  Most of the players left on the board at that point will have probably a similar grade.  There is a ton of value in Rounds 2 and 3.  Getting some additional picks in that range would be pretty useful.  Kansas City is rumored to be looking to move up.  I could see them moving to 18 if one of the top-shelf OT prospects are still there.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/4/24/23695793/2023-nfl-draft-rumor-detroit-detroit-lions-trade-down-pick-18-calls

What teams lack a first round pick? Rams, Miami, Denver*, Cleveland*, San Fran*... Would any of them want to move up into the first round? (*) teams don't pick until the 3rd round. Would a 2023 3rd and 2024 2nd be enough for the #18 pick? 

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

What teams lack a first round pick? Rams, Miami, Denver*, Cleveland*, San Fran*... Would any of them want to move up into the first round? (*) teams don't pick until the 3rd round. Would a 2023 3rd and 2024 2nd be enough for the #18 pick? 

I think prior to the draft players can be included as pieces in a trade involving draft picks but I don't remember if they can do that on draft day our not.  I would think that those teams without a first round pick would be including a player as a part of the deal.