2023 Draft Rumors - Smoke or Fire?

Just Want A Title

40 minutes ago, MrLionzz said:

So if we take Carter and Wilson drops to 18 and assuming we stay at 18 do we take the risk on him there?

Tbh, I’m tired of drafting inured DL early. I’d avoid him. I have no issue waiting on a player, but when you have to redo a surgery, that extends the timeline and you don’t know how they’ll recover. At least with Jamo last year and Hooker this year, the surgeries were successful and they are working out already and a good portion into their recovery. I wouldn’t touch Wilson *IF* this is true. At least not for the Lions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I saw this on Tyree Wilson.  Apparently his foot injury might still be a problem.  Yikes!!

shocking late development this week was that some recent medical reports changed the draft status of Texas Tech defensive end Tyree Wilson. One top-10 team that could take a defensive lineman tpld WalterFootball.com that they had dropped Wilson off their draft board. The reason why is that the team feels Wilson's foot injury was not addressed successfully.

"I looked at the X-ray of his foot, and it looks like Frankenstein. It's all mangled," said a director of player personnel. "We dropped him off our board. Our doctors think they're going to have to re-do it. You have to ask, 'How soon are you getting what you think you are getting?' Whatever they did to his foot, it's not right. He could go out and practice and his his foot will start hurting, and then he'll get shut down and they will have to re-do it."

As a result of the injury, that team thinks Wilson could have slide in the top 10. They do not believe Wilson will go as a top-five pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2023-NFL-Draft-Week-Rumors-Thursday

This could very well be true but Walt and Charlie throw a lot of stuff out there a lot of which turns out to be false.  Not going to lie I read there stuff a lot because they work hard and keep the site active but Charlie’s whole stick of having all these league sources has been called out many times over the years as just flat out being made up. He pretty much just attaches the phrase “league sources say” to his opinions.  I’m pretty sure they’ve been banned from the combine. 

I wouldn't want him, the more I delve into it the more I become put off by him, He never dominated but was solid, he didn't or should I say couldn't work out for any teams during this draft cycle and the medicals coming back are very concerning, I too am tired of drafting injured players. If I were gonna go DE and be committed to it then I would trade up and just grab Anderson and be done with the what-ifs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Watch us draft Skoronski at #6 🤣

I’d be ok with it at this point. If they take Witherspoon with the 6th pick I will lose a certain level of faith in Holmes.  Nothing about his physical talent or skill level warrants a top 10 pick

5 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I’d be ok with it at this point. If they take Witherspoon with the 6th pick I will lose a certain level of faith in Holmes.  Nothing about his physical talent or skill level warrants a top 10 pick

I mean, skill level of giving up 22 catches on 66 attempts, 0 TDs allowed in 2022 (only 1 allowed in 2021), giving up only 1 catch all year in man coverage, and playing the run well seems to me to be worthy of a top 10 pick.  His numbers and QBR against are better than Sauce Gardner.  His athletic ability is very good but not elite but a 4.42 CB is fast enough.  Comparatively, he did more to be worth a top 10 pick than half of the guys projected in the top 10 unless you like drafting solely on athleticism and combine numbers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, skill level of giving up 22 catches on 66 attempts, 0 TDs allowed in 2022 (only 1 allowed in 2021), giving up only 1 catch all year in man coverage, and playing the run well seems to me to be worthy of a top 10 pick.  His numbers and QBR against are better than Sauce Gardner.  His athletic ability is very good but not elite but a 4.42 CB is fast enough.  Comparatively, he did more to be worth a top 10 pick than half of the guys projected in the top 10 unless you like drafting solely on athleticism and combine numbers.  

I like Witherspoon but this post just made me flash back to Okudah, lol.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He gets beat plenty on tape doesn’t always mean the ball gets there. Not a murders row of qb’s he played.  I don’t believe for a second he runs a 4.42 that’s a typical pro day bump. That speed just doesn’t show up on field. Translatable traits are a lot more valued by me than deceptive pff numbers. I’ve watched a lot of him the past 48 hours trying to convince myself and ive only come away more convinced he just ain’t that dude.  He’s just a solid physical corner ( who probably will still get manhandled by plenty of nfl  wr’s) not a #1 cover guy and you don’t take a solid , under sized and old corner at 6.  What’s his ceiling? Is he better than say CGJ? Different positions but similar players. I don’t think CGJ is a top 10 pick player do you? 

12 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I like Witherspoon but this post just made me flash back to Okudah, lol.

But no is questioning Okudah’s talent, just his fit and health. Witherspoon fits and is healthy. Sure, he could get injured. Any player could. But it wasn’t skill set. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

But no is questioning Okudah’s talent, just his fit and health. Witherspoon fits and is healthy. Sure, he could get injured. Any player could. But it wasn’t skill set. 

Yeah, l don’t disagree, but those flashbacks!!!