Mock Draft

ChaRisMa

• QB Aaron Rodgers and pick 7.232 are traded to the New York Jets in exchange for picks 2.42, 2.43 and WR Corey Davis. 
  • Pick 1.15 is traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars for picks 1.24, 2.56.
  • Picks 2.56, 5.170, 7.242 and S Darnell Savage are traded to the Cincinnati Bengals for picks 2.60 and 3.92. 
  • I'm aware predicting trades and trading down is difficult,  but I kind of wanted to highlight all of these guys as "A" picks for me.

r1091750_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cquali

1.24 Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU. 6'3" 215. 4.49 Forty.

~ WR1 has been an impossible role to fill since we lost Adams with no real way to solve the issue other than drafting the first one we can. Q needs to move his catching radius to his hands instead of his body but the ceiling is WR1.

n47ybamtdvdoh36xjy35

2.42 Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame. 6'4" 260. 4.70 Forty.

~ Mayer is the new age Jason Witten. Not going over the top of defenses but a guy who will get his job done and is quietly the best receiving TE in the class.

Michigan-football-v-Iowa-0781.jpg?w=1000

2.43 Mazi Zmith, DL, Michigan. 6'3" 322. Fat Guy Forty.

~ Rashan Gary of DL prospects. He moves like he's 40 pounds lighter. 

10072499.jpeg

2.45 DJ Turner, CB, Michigan. 5'11" 178. 4.26 Forty.

~ Fastest man in the draft is going to have to put on weight and sacrifice the 4.2 speed to round into an NFL DB, but he's still going to be able to hang with anyone down field. Possible CF in sub packages immediately.

10021487.jpg

2.60 Derrick Hall, Edge, Auburn. 6'3" 252. 4.55 Forty.

~ Another guy that could end up a first round pick and not surprise me. Gary now is an injury risk, and although Preston Smith has been Iron Man for us, he shouldn't be considered likely to stay healthy for 19 games either. Hall has power and bend to his game.

20221030-164204-930f7da9b9.jpg

3.78 Brandon Joseph, S, Notre Dame. 6' 202 4.62 Forty.

~ I like Joseph's ball skills, decision making, and instincts over any safety in the class--although this class stinks. I'm not sure that's all enough to overcome NFL athletes given his lack of a third gear, but it's time our safeties made some plays on the ball.

e08f3961-0ad2-4fb3-9291-8ade079db8a6-FCS

3.92 Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota St. 6'5" 254 4.69 Forty.

~ We need to add two prospects at this position. It would be awesome to be paying top TEs money instead of top WRs.

1424736844.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

4.116 Jay Ward, DB, LSU. 6'1" 188. 4.55 Forty.

~ He's a hair slow to be playing cornerback in the NFL but he's well taught and tested. Like to see him try safety.

42c8b353-77d6-46a4-8fd2-1d839c2e021a-AP2

5.149 Jarrett Patterson, OL, Notre Dame. 6'5" 303. 5.22 Forty.

~ Depth and possible Josh Myers replacement in 2024.

USATSI_17292664_168386526_lowres.jpg

7.235 Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinatti. 6'6" 245. 4.69 Forty.

~ Having three options in camp to look at next to Deguara would be fun.

arkansas-star-linebacker-bumper-pool-ann

7.256 Bumper Pool, LB, Arkansas. 6'2" 232. 4.72 Forty.

~ Need some bodies that know how to tackle on Special Teams.

Epstein didn't kill himself, btw.

• Like 2

Adding Davis to the receiver room and then selecting a receiver in the 1st just seems like a waste of resources. We don't run a lot of four receiver sets, likely leaving Johnson off the field, and I'd much rather use that pick on a position (edge, dl, ol) that's got a better path to playing time. The selection makes more sense to me if Davis isn't involved in the trade

• Like 2

Having four 2nd round picks is highly desirable this year. I like the trade backs!!! Gives a lot of depth to the team in areas of need and development. Also don't see the value at 15 unless one of the top edge or Oline guys drops. The talent from 15 to 30 seems pretty similar to me and there are multiple players we can select that would (should) do well for us.

Think you would have to take Mayer at 24, I don't see him getting past the Bengals at 28.

Not against taking a WR high. Watson, Doubs, and Davis all have injury histories and I don't think you can count on all three being healthy throughout the year. However, I'm not sold on Johnston or really any WR in the 1st. I think JSN will be gone way before we pick due to his skill level and also lack of options. Apart from Tillman, there are not any other WRs that I'm happy to take in the first two rounds of this draft due to size issues. Would almost prefer to double dip with TEs early rather than going WR and TE.

• Like 2

I'm all on board with getting 2nd round picks. 

The Jets can keep Davis. Not sure he is a guy we want around our young WRs. But we do need to find a veteran.

As others have said, Meyer at 42 is very optimistic.  But there will be a player there that none of us expects - might as well be Meyer.

Hope we get an edge sooner than 60.

I like the 3 TE's you drafted.  I don't like all 3 in the same draft.  I like the trades, but the return for the old man is bare minimum for my taste.  If you're going to bring in Davis with intentions of re-doing and keeping him I certainly do not want a WR Round 1.  I would like an O-Linemen sooner, and more than one overall.  Another D-Lineman along the lines of a 3-5 Tech also.  Maybe yet another Edge.  

17 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Adding Davis to the receiver room and then selecting a receiver in the 1st just seems like a waste of resources. We don't run a lot of four receiver sets, likely leaving Johnson off the field, and I'd much rather use that pick on a position (edge, dl, ol) that's got a better path to playing time. The selection makes more sense to me if Davis isn't involved in the trade

I prefer to be 4 deep at WR. Chances are one of them is injured. It's 4 opportunities for a WR1 to be born instead of 3. Davis is at least a quality route running example to compare the young players to. I've even thought Corey Davis may be holding up the Rodgers trade by refusing to agree to a smaller contract than what he is under. Additionally, you could cut Davis prior to week 1 if he doesn't live up to the hype. Still got muh two 2s for 12.

I'm just very fed up with the opportunities for a WR1 to be brought in. Watson can be a WR1, but defenses know about him now and we don't have another WR or TE defenses care to game plan against at all. I want as many punches as possible to find Jordan Love targets that get themselves open or make plays for him.

13 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Having four 2nd round picks is highly desirable this year. I like the trade backs!!! Gives a lot of depth to the team in areas of need and development. Also don't see the value at 15 unless one of the top edge or Oline guys drops. The talent from 15 to 30 seems pretty similar to me and there are multiple players we can select that would (should) do well for us.

Think you would have to take Mayer at 24, I don't see him getting past the Bengals at 28.

Not against taking a WR high. Watson, Doubs, and Davis all have injury histories and I don't think you can count on all three being healthy throughout the year. However, I'm not sold on Johnston or really any WR in the 1st. I think JSN will be gone way before we pick due to his skill level and also lack of options. Apart from Tillman, there are not any other WRs that I'm happy to take in the first two rounds of this draft due to size issues. Would almost prefer to double dip with TEs early rather than going WR and TE.

I've gone back and forth on Mayer even at pick 15. I just can't burn a 1st rounder on a TE that isn't running fast enough to beat safeties deep. Then you have competition to be taken at the position. Mayer could be the third or conceivably 4th TE taken. Will I be bummed if we settle on Musgrave/Kincaid/Washington? No. TE1 went at pick 55 in 2022. TE2 went pick 73 (Jelani Woods). In 2021 Kyle Pitts goes 4th overall and then your waiting until pick 55 before another TE is taken. Is this group better than Trey McBride and Pat Friermuth? Yes. Do teams seem to value the position in the draft? Not particularly.

Tillman needs to stop body catching but he would be whom I would target in the second round if I didn't get a WR in the 1st round. Hyatt, Addison, Mingo would be exciting to see added at any point for me as well. I also agree, pass on the smaller WRs until day 3. I'm all for getting two TEs in the first two days. You can pay two top tight end contracts for the price of one top WR. A wise franchise would use that to their advantage in conjunction with MLF's offense.

8 hours ago, VegasDan said:

I'm all on board with getting 2nd round picks. 

The Jets can keep Davis. Not sure he is a guy we want around our young WRs. But we do need to find a veteran.

As others have said, Meyer at 42 is very optimistic.  But there will be a player there that none of us expects - might as well be Meyer.

Hope we get an edge sooner than 60.

1. Will Anderson
  2. Tyree Wilson
  3. Myles Murphy
  4. Lukas Van Ness
  5. Keion White
  6. Will Mcdonald
  7. Isaiah Foskey
  8. BJ Ojulari
  9. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
  10. Nolan Smith
  11. Derrick Hall
  12. Tuli Tuipulotu

Get any of those dozen pass rushers and you can expect a starting caliber player. Most of them, immediately. Great class.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:
  1. Will Anderson
  2. Tyree Wilson
  3. Myles Murphy
  4. Lukas Van Ness
  5. Keion White
  6. Will Mcdonald
  7. Isaiah Foskey
  8. BJ Ojulari
  9. Felix Anudike-Uzomah
  10. Nolan Smith
  11. Derrick Hall
  12. Tuli Tuipulotu

Get any of those dozen pass rushers and you can expect a starting caliber player. Most of them, immediately. Great class.

the depth and quality of the EDGE/pass rushers is highlighted by some of the veteran EDGE and pass rushers still available as FA.  same with RB

7 hours ago, 15412 said:

I like the 3 TE's you drafted.  I don't like all 3 in the same draft.  I like the trades, but the return for the old man is bare minimum for my taste.  If you're going to bring in Davis with intentions of re-doing and keeping him I certainly do not want a WR Round 1.  I would like an O-Linemen sooner, and more than one overall.  Another D-Lineman along the lines of a 3-5 Tech also.  Maybe yet another Edge.  

Why not three in the same draft? I mean let’s be realistic—we aren’t going to draft 3 that hit. Whether or not we resign Davis is predicated by his play. We could indeed cut him prior to week 1 if the youth looks ready.

I’m comfortable with the OL this year. 69-Jenkins-Meyers-Runyan-Tom. Nijman backing up T. Newman and Rhyan backing up G, Patterson Center.

Rasheed Walker doesn’t look 6’7 out there anymore and could provide some extra burst at T. I agree it’s the weakest part of the draft. Perhaps we need even more picks.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

"Epstein didn't kill himself, either."--love it!

Loved that comment so much that I can partially forgive drafting not once, but TWICE in the turd round.

It’s the response in my thoughts when any open ended question comes up.

”Anything else you want to say?”

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

”Any Questions?”

Who did Epstein traffic to?

”Anyone know what time it is?”

Time to find out who really killed Epstein.

• Like 1