TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

Well that was a lot of fun, but I don't want to do it again. Thankfully we were one of the first groups to play so we got on and off the stage fast. Songs were all hits but I was completely outclassed up there. I think each of them have played in real bands for over 15 years, meanwhile outside of church that was the third time I've played on a stage.

Wife is also a lightweight so 3 white gummy bear drinks and she was quite a bit beyond tipsy. Love that shes a cheap drunk. Got us out of there quick, with the pool tables full I had no intention of staying.

Came home and made "drinks" for the kids (margaritas without alcohol) and every one of those wimps is already out (wife included). So here I sit drinking the rest of the 4 margaritas, but I added tequila to them after I mixed them together, watching Boondock Saints. Idk why I picked it specifically but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Happy new years guys.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Well that was a lot of fun, but I don't want to do it again. Thankfully we were one of the first groups to play so we got on and off the stage fast. Songs were all hits but I was completely outclassed up there. I think each of them have played in real bands for over 15 years, meanwhile outside of church that was the third time I've played on a stage.

Wife is also a lightweight so 3 white gummy bear drinks and she was quite a bit beyond tipsy. Love that shes a cheap drunk. Got us out of there quick, with the pool tables full I had no intention of staying.

Came home and made "drinks" for the kids (margaritas without alcohol) and every one of those wimps is already out (wife included). So here I sit drinking the rest of the 4 margaritas, but I added tequila to them after I mixed them together, watching Boondock Saints. Idk why I picked it specifically but I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Happy new years guys.

House to yourself, 4 magaritas, and boondock saints?  I can’t think of many better ways to start the new year.

edit:  went to my brothers (he lives 5 min away), had filet Oscar, bunch of champagne and bourbon, and now back home with the wife doing the same minus the filet.  

…….annnnd just realized I’m on-call as of midnight for this week 😮

happy new year!

• Like 1

Everytime my wife pitches my collection of crap I need something in it the next day or week.

And it is hard to find.

Sigh.   I am upset at same time without her I would live in a borderline hoarder s hole. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Totally me, but with electronic cables and cords and weird screws or hardware:

I run through so much I can't keep hardly any. My basement use to be FULL of all the scraps. Plus I had some contractor buddies that would call me if I wanted to pick up any scraps for things like composite deck boards.

I've actually shingled my dog's house with those before because they had so many. lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I run through so much I can't keep hardly any. My basement use to be FULL of all the scraps. Plus I had some contractor buddies that would call me if I wanted to pick up any scraps for things like composite deck boards.

I've actually shingled my dog's house with those before because they had so many. lol 

Could be worse: my wife is both aware of the scrap heap, and in fact it's constantly suggesting I make specific things from it. Just turned a couple of wooden benches from a boat from 1960 into a couple interesting wall shelves. Saved the $40 in lumber and it only took about five times as much labor.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Could be worse: my wife is both aware of the scrap heap, and in fact it's constantly suggesting I make specific things from it. Just turned a couple of wooden benches from a boat from 1960 into a couple interesting wall shelves. Saved the $40 in lumber and it only took about five times as much labor.  

That's always how it is. "Save" $40 on lumber to "donate" $200 in personal labor. It took a good while before I got the wife to understand that I charge X amount per day to work, so me spending an extra 4 hours on a home project actually costs money for me. 

"But you're not actually paying for it"

"Instead of making X money on a site... I'm doing this."

"Oh." (She agrees but is still visibly confused)  

She worked in a pharmacy so I told her to imagine she was getting all the orders by hand and writing all the papers and stickers out rather than printing them. 

"But why would we do that? It'll take way longer."

"Because you're saving money on electricity."

"But that's stupid because you're going to pay everyone for being there way longer... oh"  (SHE GOT IT!!!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That's always how it is. "Save" $40 on lumber to "donate" $200 in personal labor. It took a good while before I got the wife to understand that I charge X amount per day to work, so me spending an extra 4 hours on a home project actually costs money for me. 

"But you're not actually paying for it"

"Instead of making X money on a site... I'm doing this."

"Oh." (She agrees but is still visibly confused)  

She worked in a pharmacy so I told her to imagine she was getting all the orders by hand and writing all the papers and stickers out rather than printing them. 

"But why would we do that? It'll take way longer."

"Because you're saving money on electricity."

"But that's stupid because you're going to pay everyone for being there way longer... oh"  (SHE GOT IT!!!) 

Ok now do the thermostat. 

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Ok now do the thermostat. 

I'm not getting into that. I'm hiding in my office since the wife was cold when she got off work. Got a fire going in the woodstove for her so right now my living room is the 1st circle of hell. (She likes it at a brisk 94 degrees)

Meanwhile I have the door closed and a window cracked in here.

• Like 1

Took my kids to my Alma mater and watched a basketball game. A lot of these guys can't jump as well as my team did but damn they were snipers. During warm ups we counted 11 threes made in a row during a drill. I'd bet they shot over 50% from 3 for the game too.

(Posting here so it’s not taken as being related to Fields - it’s not)

Trevor Lawrence finishes the season with 25 total TDs (21 pass, 4 rush) and 21 turnovers (14 INT, 7 FL) in 16 games. There has to be at least some discussion about him long term, right? I’d personally pick up the 5YO, but there’s no chance I’m extending him this offseason if I’m JAX.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Trevor Lawrence finishes the season with 25 total TDs (21 pass, 4 rush) and 21 turnovers (14 INT, 7 FL) in 16 games. There has to be at least some discussion about him long term, right? I’d personally pick up the 5YO, but there’s no chance I’m extending him this offseason if I’m JAX.

It seems like they will for whatever reason. They were all in on him and it seems like he's so loved there by teammmates, coaches and fans. It's a mistake but I think they will

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

No chance in hell I extend him right now, but 5th year option id take. He's pretty much in the same boat as Fields, high ceiling but only one real year of note.

What is it with weather reports last decade or so?

Every weather event is storm of century.  Talk about crying wolf.

I had 3 different people ask me yesterday if I was ready for all the snow.   Woke up today and it was kind of raining and nothing on driveway.

Snowing now, but it is not blizzard of '79.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

What is it with weather reports last decade or so?

Every weather event is storm of century.  Talk about crying wolf.

I had 3 different people ask me yesterday if I was ready for all the snow.   Woke up today and it was kind of raining and nothing on driveway.

Snowing now, but it is not blizzard of '79.

It's being fueled and funded by the milk and bread industries. I swear it.

• Like 1