TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Bought my daughter a Jetson electric bike and surprised her after school with it. She got on and immediately lost control when she revved it, and hit my truck. It didn't even take off like a bat out of hell, she just lost control after less than 2 seconds. Can't wait for her to be in a 1500 lb death machine.  🙄

Last year we did e-bikes through a big conservation area on vacation.

We went over this pedestrian bridge and my daughter was going to fast when this right angle turn came up and wiped out bad.

She was all banged and bloodied up.  And we were like 5 miles from place we had to drop bikes off.  

Long story short - we got through it and got bikes back.  But it was an ordeal.  She still has scars from it.

Other than that it was fun.  

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Last year we did e-bikes through a big conservation area on vacation.

We went over this pedestrian bridge and my daughter was going to fast when this right angle turn came up and wiped out bad.

She was all banged and bloodied up.  And we were like 5 miles from place we had to drop bikes off.  

Long story short - we got through it and got bikes back.  But it was an ordeal.  She still has scars from it.

Other than that it was fun.  

Girls are just a weird group. My daughter played WR and actually had good hands but runs like a baby deer. You hear her hit 2-3 doorways a day with her shoulder. But her hand eye coordination is good... how the hell does that happen. She isn't hitting some growth spurt. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Girls are just a weird group. My daughter played WR and actually had good hands but runs like a baby deer. You hear her hit 2-3 doorways a day with her shoulder. But her hand eye coordination is good... how the hell does that happen. She isn't hitting some growth spurt. lol

I don’t know.  My daughter can climb a rope like an orangutan.   No idea how she does it.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don’t know.  My daughter can climb a rope like an orangutan.   No idea how she does it.  

I frequently think back to my youth and one memory that sticks out is just how they used to have a rope climb in gym class. I saw it at other schools too, I think it was probably quite common. And you know these gyms have high ceilings, probably 50 or 60 feet. And everyone would make an attempt to climb the rope. I think it was actually part of the fitness testing for boys. 

it’s surreal to me looking back that they had us do that with basically a thin mat lying below to catch us if we fell. I don’t have to do any research to know that the rope climb in school is discontinued in the year 2024.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I frequently think back to my youth and one memory that sticks out is just how they used to have a rope climb in gym class. I saw it at other schools too, I think it was probably quite common. And you know these gyms have high ceilings, probably 50 or 60 feet. And everyone would make an attempt to climb the rope. I think it was actually part of the fitness testing for boys. 

it’s surreal to me looking back that they had us do that with basically a thin mat lying below to catch us if we fell. I don’t have to do any research to know that the rope climb in school is discontinued in the year 2024.

I loved that one!  I dont remember if i was good at it or not, but i always enjoyed it.

Edit:  yeah i can’t imagine any public school is still doing that one anymore.  I’ll have to ask my wife, who’s an elementary teacher.

41 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I loved that one!  I dont remember if i was good at it or not, but i always enjoyed it.

Edit:  yeah i can’t imagine any public school is still doing that one anymore.  I’ll have to ask my wife, who’s an elementary teacher.

I remember I generally sucked at it, but out of the blue one year, I want to say in like second or third grade, something just clicked and I managed to climb to the top of the rope. The thing about the rope climb though is most healthy kids are generally strong enough to do it, up to a certain age where they start getting denser faster than they're getting stronger. Which agrees with my experience because I think by fourth or fifth grade we weren't doing it anymore, probably because nobody was strong enough to do it anymore at that age

Edited by chisoxguy7
added healthy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

She does it a gymnastics gym. 

• Like 1

That was the best! I remember feeling the king of the world when we had to do that.  Also recall one kid got freaked out had to have custodians go up and pry his fingers off the rope like 10' off the ground with a ladder. My kids school still has the rope, as well as gymnastic rings, but for no reason I have been able to figure out, they're in the auditorium. 

11 hours ago, CBears019 said:

If you have a nurse in the family you'd have the trifecta of "jobs I couldn't do well if my life depended on it"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If there is one class I despise, it is anything about managing Supply Chains. I don't know why they are so brutal for me, I really don't think they should be this complicated, but FFS give me two organic chem classes before I deal with this bull**** for another 5 weeks. I just spent the better of 20 hours making and tweaking an Excel document to help me answer the 6 questions on my assignment, and I have no clue if I was right on them. 

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If there is one class I despise, it is anything about managing Supply Chains. I don't know why they are so brutal for me, I really don't think they should be this complicated, but FFS give me two organic chem classes before I deal with this bull**** for another 5 weeks. I just spent the better of 20 hours making and tweaking an Excel document to help me answer the 6 questions on my assignment, and I have no clue if I was right on them. 

Imagine trying to do it internationally with lockdowns and wars and various sanctions factored in.