TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

Just now, Ty21 said:

Idk much about alcohol but the only way through the draft should be a gallon of Malort, no?

I would say that was more the Mike Glennon signing, where you knew going in that it was going to be ****ty, somehow it's expensive and when you're done it was worse than you thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I would say that was more the Mike Glennon signing, where you knew going in that it was going to be ****ty, somehow it's expensive and when you're done it was worse than you thought. 

At least we made up for that signing by releasing our all pro DB in favor of Andy Dalton 

38 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

How about some Not a King rye instead?

Isn't that from the distillery in New Buffalo?  Heard that one was good but haven't had it. Cool spot for lunch though, and there's a very cool old (looks like 1835 inside) butcher shop nearby if you're ever over that way. 

50 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

How about some Not a King rye instead?

That’s my go to. There’s a program at work where you get a run of 50 bottles to yourself with your own custom label and stuff for 5 year work anniversary and I just chose not a king for mine 

12 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Isn't that from the distillery in New Buffalo?  Heard that one was good but haven't had it. Cool spot for lunch though, and there's a very cool old (looks like 1835 inside) butcher shop nearby if you're ever over that way. 

That distillery is where I work. It’s actually in three oaks too, a town away from NB. The butcher shop’s owner’s daughter was my 4th grade teacher 😂 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That distillery is where I work. It’s actually in three oaks too, a town away from NB. The butcher shop’s owner’s daughter was my 4th grade teacher 😂 

Ha, small world!  Cool area, like it a lot.  We oddly went to like 3 weddings in that area all in one year, so got to know it decent.  I promise I won't page you repeatedly if we ever stop to eat there. 

As for the perk, that's pretty sweet!  Next time I'm buying bourbon I'll get some of your shops, gotta support the forum and all. 

• Like 1

My son’s first baseball game for 10u is Saturday and his coach just messaged the team saying he didn’t know 10u had the format where half the game is pitching machine and the other half is real pitching. So no one on the team has practiced pitching. I’m thinking this team isn’t going undefeated like my son’s team did last year lmao 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I promise I won't page you repeatedly if we ever stop to eat there. 

I’d be happy to serve any of yall. Unless you say page again. What is this, the 1800’s

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’d be happy to serve any of yall. Unless you say page again. What is this, the 1800’s

Page as in "Tyler to the front desk please" followed by "Tyler to the center of town please" followed by "Tyler please report to Union Pier"  We used to mess with a friend who ran a bar in a big club like that.  He loved it even though he stopped talking to us. 

Driers!  That's the name of the butcher shop.  Pretty sure they'd speak the lingo there.  

Unfortunate convo though, as now I want both sausage and bourbon and neither are available to me at present. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Page as in "Tyler to the front desk please" followed by "Tyler to the center of town please" followed by "Tyler please report to Union Pier"  We used to mess with a friend who ran a bar in a big club like that.  He loved it even though he stopped talking to us. 

Driers!  That's the name of the butcher shop.  Pretty sure they'd speak the lingo there.  

Unfortunate convo though, as now I want both sausage and bourbon and neither are available to me at present. 

You live in Chicago.  I’m sure youre no more than a block or two away from a spot where you can get both sausage and bourbon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

You live in Chicago.  I’m sure youre no more than a block or two away from a spot where you can get both sausage and bourbon.

I am currently at a playground watching my kids do idiotic stuff so I think leaving them here to obtain bourbon is frowned upon. Plus my sausage guy is in WI. Plus we has sausage last night.  But now you got me thinking. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I am currently at a playground watching my kids do idiotic stuff so I think leaving them here to obtain bourbon is frowned upon. Plus my sausage guy is in WI. Plus we has sausage last night.  But now you got me thinking. 

Your sausage guy, your "sausage guy," or your boyfriend? I'm bewildered

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Your sausage guy, your "sausage guy," or your boyfriend? I'm bewildered

I think he'd shoot you, and probably me just to be safe, if you made that inference around him.  Weird grizzled old dude up around Port Washington who sets aside a bunch of brats for us every year.  Profoundly strange individual but absolutely amazing chef.  He used to make some of the sausages for Hot Dougs back in the day (anyone remember Doug?) 

21 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I think he'd shoot you, and probably me just to be safe, if you made that inference around him.  Weird grizzled old dude up around Port Washington who sets aside a bunch of brats for us every year.  Profoundly strange individual but absolutely amazing chef.  He used to make some of the sausages for Hot Dougs back in the day (anyone remember Doug?) 

You must really like his meat to risk your life like that