Players You Like: WR

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

giphy.gif

I would rather be wrong and apologize later than take a chance on another year of Anthony Schwartz. Both sides need a fresh start.

Other than that - agree with your post

Excellent post

Let's give him his due Cooper played lights out and dpj played his way into the top 60 wr while being thrown to by a qb with a 79 rating

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid

18 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

There are definitely positions that have a greater attrition due to injury. You mentioned the two of the top 3 (OL being the other).

Gird your loins for those 3 positions to be addressed earlier than later this weekend.

If the Browns spend another top 4 (or even 5) round pick on a RB I am going to lose my mind.

At no point should you look at your starting LBs and see Anthony Walker and Sione Takitaki and go 'You know what we need? A 4th string RB for depth. Turn in the card for Jerome Ford please"

52 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If the Browns spend another top 4 (or even 5) round pick on a RB I am going to lose my mind.

At no point should you look at your starting LBs and see Anthony Walker and Sione Takitaki and go 'You know what we need? A 4th string RB for depth. Turn in the card for Jerome Ford please"

Imagine losing your mind over a 5th round pick lol….

I also find it funny that we’re seeing more of the “if we spend a pick in X round on (insert position) it’s a huge investment but if we spend the same pick on (insert other position) it’s an afterthought.

If a 5th rounder is a big deal you should be thrilled we took Fields the year before last.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imagine losing your mind over a 5th round pick lol….

I also find it funny that we’re seeing more of the “if we spend a pick in X round on (insert position) it’s a huge investment but if we spend the same pick on (insert other position) it’s an afterthought.

If a 5th rounder is a big deal you should be thrilled we took Fields the year before last.

Well for this draft in particular where we dont have a 1st or 2nd rounder, its sort of very important to get productive players in the middle/late rounds. Something Berry hasnt done a overall great job at.

In the 3 drafts Berry has had, there are only 2 players on this entire roster who are good enough to play on Sunday in any capacity; Harrison Bryant and DPJ. There are 13 others he has drafted from rounds 4-7 that are either cut, not good enough to get playing time or make zero impact on the game if they do get playing time.

I know its not a high percentage, but good teams find starters or productive players in the mid/late rounds of the draft. You cant rely on building your roster through free agency and 1st/2nd round picks. Right now, the Browns are not good at finding useful talent in that range and their lack of ability to develop front 7 players particularly in that range is killing them.

Edited by AkronsWitness

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well for this draft in particular where we dont have a 1st or 2nd rounder, its sort of very important to get productive players in the middle/late rounds. Something Berry hasnt done a overall great job at.

In the 3 drafts Berry has had, there are only 2 players on this entire roster who are good enough to play on Sunday in any capacity; Harrison Bryant and DPJ. There are 13 others he has drafted from rounds 4-7 that are either cut, not good enough to get playing time or make zero impact on the game if they do get playing time.

I know its not a high percentage, but good teams find starters or productive players in the mid/late rounds of the draft. You cant rely on building your roster through free agency and 1st/2nd round picks. Right now, the Browns are not good at finding useful talent in that range and their lack of ability to develop front 7 players particularly in that range is killing them.

Confused High Quality GIF

None of that has anything to do with what we were discussing at all 😂 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I recommend backing up your mind to an external disk, just in case you lose it this weekend.

Walker, Takitaki, JOK, Fields, Phillips, Adams and Kunaszyk are all better than a 4th  or 5th round rookie.

That's 7 LBs. More than enough. How many do we need?

Meanwhile, a 4th or 5th round rookie RB has a very good chance of beating Ford out of the primary backup role.

The LB group is much deeper than the RB group in Cleveland, and the RB class is much better and deeper than the LBs this year. It's almost like this was planned out by AB or something. 

8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I recommend backing up your mind to an external disk, just in case you lose it this weekend.

Walker, Takitaki, JOK, Fields, Phillips, Adams and Kunaszyk are all better than a 4th  or 5th round rookie.

Meanwhile, a 4th or 5th round rookie RB has a very good chance of beating Ford out of the primary backup role.

The LB group is much deeper than the RB group in Cleveland, and the RB class is much better and deeper than the LBs this year. It's almost like this was planned out by AB or something. 

Also Chubbs, though I think he is poised for another good 3-4 years could cease to be as good as he has been. He has a moderate amount of wear and tear. 

I think the nerds would move on from him if he drops in productivity. If his ypc is down at <4.2 ypc then he is gone imo. 

It depends on how many explosive plays he is making. 

I re watched a few games and he is still magnificent. Long may it last.

21 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Additionally, we can actually draft both a LB and a RB.  It doesn’t have to be one or the other.