Players You Like: WR

LETSGOBROWNIES

Jonathan Mingo: H/W/S freak with some actual production. Not a complete player or finished product by any means, but has the frame and ability to play both inside and outside, ST, etc.  Offers size we currently don’t have much of at WR.

Marvin Mims: Everyone here mocks him to us for the same reasons I like him.  Fast as hell, explosive and productive.

Bryce Ford-Wheaton.  Traits based swing for the fence.  6’4, 220, 4.38 and a 41 inch vert.  Day 3 pick obviously, but high day 1 physical tools.  I’d rather use a roster spot on a guy like this than someone like Woods, Baldwin, etc.

Trey Palmer: Like Mims a burner who will likely need to play the slot but can also rip the top off of a defense.  Either guy could push Schwartz and/Goodwin for a roster spot and provide the same things to the offense.

Kayshon Boutee will be the steal of this receiver class

I also like 

Marvin Mims 

Jonathan Mingo 

Jalin Hyatt in the right role - if he gets to the late second I think about trading up. Like a 3rd and 3rd for 2nd and 5th 

Jayden Reed too. He’s good man he’s going to be in the league for a long time. 

not a AT Perry, Tyler Scott, or Rashee Rice guy 

give me J Mingo for us in the third and I’m happy. 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Kayshon Boutee will be the steal of this receiver class

Idk man, he’s a really pedestrian athlete.  You may be right obv, but I’ll pass on a smallish receiver with meh speed and nonexistent explosiveness.

Late day 3 take a gamble, sure, but I can see burning a pick on that dude. What does he bring that we don’t already have?

• Like 1

I think Boutte is a guy who everyone thought going into the year was a WR1 type of guy. But he didn’t really turn into that, and his combine numbers were kind of JAG level. He also had a couple off the field type of things that I think some teams are going to question. Maybe it will be something the Browns are endeared too though. He’s probably a fourth or fifth round pick though at this point, and I think his career could go either direction honestly. He’s only 20 YOA, so there’s that.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My final prediction for who we will take with our first pick is a WR I really like-

Marvin Mims

I think the rumors of Stefanski wanting to be a vertical offense are 100% true. Watsons last year in Houston had 3 WRs who had 4.3 speed.

I don't hate Mims even though I kind of want to. Hopefully we have either DPJ or Moore step up as a legit #2 this year, and either Mims or Moore/DPJ can fit into the #3 burner role. We'd have a nice trio with a capable to good TE in Njoku and a good running game and great OL. If Watson can't get it done with that, it would be on him at that point.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My final prediction for who we will take with our first pick is a WR I really like-

Marvin Mims

I think the rumors of Stefanski wanting to be a vertical offense are 100% true. Watsons last year in Houston had 3 WRs who had 4.3 speed.

I think he’s a good fit and it wouldn’t shock me at all tbh.