Players You Like: WR

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:
13 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

to be a fly on the wall at your draft party when AB trades back from 74 to draft a SEC DB again...

Party of 2. Just me and @MWil23. Rooting for the lulz on Friday night. 

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

If Benton or Dexter are gone, you can safely bet your mortgage that it will happen. 

"Draft party"

Putting the combined 6 kids 8 and under to bed and quietly eating mid tier kid snack food with whatever is leftover in the cabinet and laughing quietly isn't a bad annual tradition

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"Draft party"

Putting the combined 6 kids 8 and under to bed and quietly eating mid tier kid snack food with whatever is leftover in the cabinet and laughing quietly isn't a bad annual tradition

You got snacks and booze and the kids are in bed? 

My kind of party.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

You got snacks and booze and the kids are in bed? 

My kind of party.

Basically a glass or two of bourbon (neat or with soap stones) and then asking yourself "Why did I ever stop eating goldfish crackers?". At some point you talk yourself into making some type of naan bread pizza in the toaster oven.

I may be in the Minority here....but with the SUPER WEAK Wr. class this year....I am more of a fan of lets see what Chad Oshea has developed on our Roster...we have David Bell going into year 2...(dont shoot me) Schwartz going into year 3, Elijah Moore headed into year 3....and a couple of kids on the P.S. Isiah Weston (I may be his biggest supporter) and Michale Harley Jr. turned some heads in camp last year......Sad that Woods got hurt this year....

We know our passing game SHOULD have a QB that makes WR's better....we have a passing game that has a #1 WR and a legit #2 Wr....even though our TE position group should be consided the 2nd "Receiver" in Stefanski's offense. And I think Elijah Moore is a solid #3/slot wr already....

I say we save the roster space and give what we got a chance to develop a bit...lets not pull the plug so soon on our roster people. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I may be in the Minority here....but with the SUPER WEAK Wr. class this year....I am more of a fan of lets see what Chad Oshea has developed on our Roster...we have David Bell going into year 2...(dont shoot me) Schwartz going into year 3, Elijah Moore headed into year 3....and a couple of kids on the P.S. Isiah Weston (I may be his biggest supporter) and Michale Harley Jr. turned some heads in camp last year......Sad that Woods got hurt this year....

We know our passing game SHOULD have a QB that makes WR's better....we have a passing game that has a #1 WR and a legit #2 Wr....even though our TE position group should be consided the 2nd "Receiver" in Stefanski's offense. And I think Elijah Moore is a solid #3/slot wr already....

I say we save the roster space and give what we got a chance to develop a bit...lets not pull the plug so soon on our roster people. 

giphy.gif

I would rather be wrong and apologize later than take a chance on another year of Anthony Schwartz. Both sides need a fresh start.

Other than that - agree with your post

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

While I 100% agree with what you said in the post, and definitely about this class being bad. I do think we still need to continue to improve the room, the one thing I do give the Steelers credit for is that they keep pressure on those guys in the room to continue to improve. I can't remember the last time they didn't come out of a draft without a receiver, iron sharpens iron, some of these guys on the roster have to step up and show what they've got or get passed up by someone who is ready to perform.

Looking at this class, there aren't any real difference makers especially where we are drafting, I'd rather trade a late round pick on a guy with high upside or i'd use a late rounder on a guy like Kayshon Boutte who at least showed potential at a high level. Either way, you get a guy who can compete in camp and either move up or put pressure on a guy already here to step up and perform.

• Like 1

I don't really care what we do this draft as long as we add talented players who can contribute in some fashion. In a perfect world, those players match need...but if we can grab a legit #4 WR who adds another deep threat, Red Zone, or moving the chains on 3rd down dimension, that's a homerun pick.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, you could have saved us all some time and just typed “bog standard Browns fan feels roster is  inadequate unless there’s a pro bowler or 1st rounder at every position”.

Dam right. Its go for broke SZN baby and Watson/Stefanski this season can't not work. 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Berry's presser gave us insight.

The TL;DR version:

The draft is for adding BPA talent long term/developmental down the road while hoping they can contribute immediately.

Free Agency is for addressing needs now and filling roster holes.

TBH, I agree with Berry on this, I just disagree with his philosophy on how he evaluates talent/players or decides to be a bit of a gunslinger with draft picks and contracts.

It makes sense, but what doesnt make sense is his prioritization of certain positions over others. Basically saying, we are fine being absolute dog **** at these positions because analytics say they dont matter (LB/DT), but we have to be 6 deep at this other position because its more importenter. (RB/CB)

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It makes sense, but what doesnt make sense is his prioritization of certain positions over others.

*Position (singular), which is CB

Basically saying, we are fine being absolute dog **** at these positions because analytics say they dont matter (LB/DT),

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

but we have to be 6 deep at this other position because its more importenter. (RB/CB)

@candyman93 @NateDawg I think we have another official member of the bandwagon. 

PSA:

Friendly reminder that the train leaves the station in T-minus 30 hours.

All Aboard Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

It makes sense, but what doesnt make sense is his prioritization of certain positions over others. Basically saying, we are fine being absolute dog **** at these positions because analytics say they dont matter (LB/DT), but we have to be 6 deep at this other position because its more importenter. (RB/CB)

There are definitely positions that have a greater attrition due to injury. You mentioned the two of the top 3 (OL being the other).

Gird your loins for those 3 positions to be addressed earlier than later this weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, ditchdigger said:

There are definitely positions that have a greater attrition due to injury. You mentioned the two of the top 3 (OL being the other).

Gird your loins for those 3 positions to be addressed earlier than later this weekend.

Corner and OL are also position where a lack of depth and talent can kill a whole unit.

You can make up for a poor RB with a good OL and you can scheme WR open to some degree, etc., but it’s really hard to hide a lineman who can’t block or a corner who can’t cover.  Teams will find that issue and exploit it repeatedly.