Brock Purdy franchise QB?

49erurtaza

• 2 weeks later...

Purdy is a scrambler and a gamer and is far more aggressive than Garoppolo has been over his career. Over 12 percent of Purdy’s pass attempts went more than 20 yards downfield last season; in his six years as the San Francisco starter, Garoppolo averaged 8.6 percent. Similarly, Purdy is a successful quarterback late in the down, either as a scrambler or on a designed boot. When Purdy holds the football for more than 2.5 seconds (a good benchmark for a play that’s transitioning from the quick game into something more), he has positive expected points added per play of .15—over Garoppolo’s career, he has a net negative (-.03).

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/8/28/23849159/trey-lance-kyle-shanahan-football-bummer

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Willie Snead said that Purdy reminds him of Brees...thoughts?

I'm old enough to remember when Scott tolzien was reminding people of Drew Brees. 

Comps are pretty hollow. I don't care for them or care about them

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 2:00 PM, 757-NINER said:

Nah... don't see it.

Doesn't mean he can't be great in his own right, though.

I think he was partially referring to how he carries himself. Honestly, I kind of see it from that perspective.