Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The processing isn't there with Jordan Love. The plays he makes, they are harder than they need to be at times. Slow processor, bad decisions and struggles with accuracy/ball placement. Nothing about him points to him being a franchise QB. 

Plus he's short for a QB and wears number 11 jersey. These are all equally valid criticisms with the same supporting evidence.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain there are only 2-3 people in this thread who actually watched Don Majkowski play live. 

I have a feeling those people understand what sort of crapshoot they landed with Favre and Rodgers.

I'm old enough to remember Hadl, Whitehurst, Campbell, Wright and other crappy QBs in GB since Bart Starr retired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is the part that baffle me - people like me who are talking about this? We've spent seasons watching bad QB after bad QB. We know a thing or two on the subject. Sure, they gave a WOW moment here and there, but it's never about that - it's about consistency, playing within the confines of the offense while having a few moments where they go off script and create positive yardage. Love has WOW plays, but is inconsistent. Love shown no propensity to go off script and make things happen. Everything needs to be right, everyone needs to execute their assignment and win their matchup for Love to be effective - and that flat out doesn't happen for any team. 

Consistency was the issue with Love - going back to his heyday at Utah State, that was the issue. The three years that he sat was supposed to resolve this, but it's still the issue at hand. It seemed like he was able to operate off script in college, but that hasn't translated at this level. 

He's got 10 games to prove this is an aberration and he can in fact do these things I mentioned, but given his track record when his surroundings aren't perfect (both in Green Bay or Utah State) I can't see that coming. 

You so sure about all that positive Wow stuff?

I've watched every snap from Love this year.  The positive Wow moments are few and far between, and the recent one (early in the game) was a non-play due to another penalty.

Most of the Wow stuff that is positive comes from Wow, he actually made an easy pass look easy and we got 3-4 yards.

Instead of Wow, I can't believe he was that far off on that throw.  

Or Wow, I can't believe he waited that long to make that throw.

Or Wow, Love put it right there and the WR decided to drop it.

Or Wow, that offensive line can't do a thing in the run game.

I mean, our offense has a lot of Wow moments, but very few of them are positive right now.

It isn't just Love, it's everything.  At any one time, we've got multiple things going wrong on most every offensive play.

The only time it looks somewhat decent is when the game is in hand and the defense is more or less giving us junk yardage to take.

As in, Wow, it sure was nice of them to give us 14 yards on 3rd and 16.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah…just the two quarterback busts…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952k7n2m8208yeg6rjd0k

These guys dont even have a clue...

We've done it every single way! Nobody can draft a bust like we can

Tim Couch in '99: Kid is doing stuff never seen in CFB before. We surrounded him with no talent and a horrible offensive line.  Did we ruin him or did we misjudge his talent because we weren't ready for the Leech Air Raid? Nobody even knows, which makes it still fun 24 years later

Jeff Garcia in '03: Sign a WCO system QB and have him play in a Air Croyell offense. Then watch him revive his career playing for WCO in Tampa and Philly

Charlie Frye in '05: This kid was destined to be a backup and we decided to make him a starter for no reason, and gave him 3 years when we knew immediately he didn't have it

Brady Quinn in '07: Draft the pretty boy from the golden college program. Yeah he looks the part but he has a weak arm and confidence issues, but those dont matter do they? 

Colt McCoy in '09: Basically we upgraded the Frye white trash model into a good ol' southern boy. Weak arm, poor pocket presence, all the same flaws but he was a big time college player and this time it will work

Brandon Weeden in '11: F it, lets draft the old guy. That means he's pro ready

Johnny Manziel  in '14: Our front office tried to warn ownership that he had a drug problem. 'He's full of Oxy' they said, but Haslem heard 'moxie'

DeShon Kizer in '16: You know what the 1-15 team needs to improve next year? The 75th best QB in the league to be our new starter

Baker Mayfield in '18: Baker was so talented he almost bucked the trend despite all our best efforts, but you give someone no stability and a toxic environment and it will break eventually. We had to actually  work to make this one fail however

DeShon Watson in '22: Lets take the biggest PoS in the NFL, give him $245M risk free, structure it so he never has to play or perform, and reward him for getting suspended. Theres no way someone whos missed over half his career games due to quitting, injury, and rape, will be unreliable for the worst organization in America

Other teams just take bad players sometime. Jordan Love is just a run of the mill bust. He's below Cleveland. It needs to be truly outrageous for the Browns to consider it. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Plus he's short for a QB and wears number 11 jersey. These are all equally valid criticisms with the same supporting evidence.

Love wears #10..... If you can't get his number right, I don't trust you to see his inefficiencies.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is the part that baffle me - people like me who are talking about this? We've spent seasons watching bad QB after bad QB. We know a thing or two on the subject. Sure, they gave a WOW moment here and there, but it's never about that - it's about consistency, playing within the confines of the offense while having a few moments where they go off script and create positive yardage. Love has WOW plays, but is inconsistent. Love shown no propensity to go off script and make things happen. Everything needs to be right, everyone needs to execute their assignment and win their matchup for Love to be effective - and that flat out doesn't happen for any team. 

Consistency was the issue with Love - going back to his heyday at Utah State, that was the issue. The three years that he sat was supposed to resolve this, but it's still the issue at hand. It seemed like he was able to operate off script in college, but that hasn't translated at this level. 

He's got 10 games to prove this is an aberration and he can in fact do these things I mentioned, but given his track record when his surroundings aren't perfect (both in Green Bay or Utah State) I can't see that coming. 

You can't say those types of things or the Packer forum gets mad,  they don't want to hear any opinions contrary to the front office narrative or they block you. Any criticism  of Love means you are actively rooting for him to fail according to them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

These guys dont even have a clue...

We've done it every single way! Nobody can draft a bust like we can

Tim Couch in '99: Kid is doing stuff never seen in CFB before. We surrounded him with no talent and a horrible offensive line.  Did we ruin him or did we misjudge his talent because we weren't ready for the Leech Air Raid? Nobody even knows, which makes it still fun 24 years later

Jeff Garcia in '03: Sign a WCO system QB and have him play in a Air Croyell offense. Then watch him revive his career playing for WCO in Tampa and Philly

Charlie Frye in '05: This kid was destined to be a backup and we decided to make him a starter for no reason, and gave him 3 years when we knew immediately he didn't have it

Brady Quinn in '07: Draft the pretty boy from the golden college program. Yeah he looks the part but he has a weak arm and confidence issues, but those dont matter do they? 

Colt McCoy in '09: Basically we upgraded the Frye white trash model into a good ol' southern boy. Weak arm, poor pocket presence, all the same flaws but he was a big time college player and this time it will work

Brandon Weeden in '11: F it, lets draft the old guy. That means he's pro ready

Johnny Manziel  in '14: Our front office tried to warn ownership that he had a drug problem. 'He's full of Oxy' they said, but Haslem heard 'moxie'

DeShon Kizer in '16: You know what the 1-15 team needs to improve next year? The 75th best QB in the league to be our new starter

Baker Mayfield in '18: Baker was so talented he almost bucked the trend despite all our best efforts, but you give someone no stability and a toxic environment and it will break eventually. We had to actually  work to make this one fail however

DeShon Watson in '22: Lets take the biggest PoS in the NFL, give him $245M risk free, structure it so he never has to play or perform, and reward him for getting suspended. Theres no way someone whos missed over half his career games due to quitting, injury, and rape, will be unreliable for the worst organization in America

Other teams just take bad players sometime. Jordan Love is just a run of the mill bust. He's below Cleveland. It needs to be truly outrageous for the Browns to consider it. 

This is what I'm hoping we avoid. These guys are talking about how we have to give him a second year no matter what and its driving me nuts. If we end up with a top 5 pick we have to take a QB.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Love wears #10..... If you can't get his number right, I don't trust you to see his inefficiencies.  

I legit laughed out loud on this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

This is what I'm hoping we avoid. These guys are talking about how we have to give him a second year no matter what and its driving me nuts. If we end up with a top 5 pick we have to take a QB.

Yeah they are delusional. This is his fourth season! And everything I've read or heard about him for the last 4 seasons is that he doesnt get it. 

I was the guy accused of rooting for Johnny, Weeden, Frye, Quinn, Anderson, McCoy etc to fail. Unfortunately calling a spade a spade makes you some enemies at times. They will all come around eventually. 

There is only one Browns QB I ever actively rooted to fail, and his names Watson

Edited by roger murdock

1 hour ago, Pugger said:
4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain there are only 2-3 people in this thread who actually watched Don Majkowski play live. 

I have a feeling those people understand what sort of crapshoot they landed with Favre and Rodgers.

I'm old enough to remember Hadl, Whitehurst, Campbell, Wright and other crappy QBs in GB since Bart Starr retired.

I 100% had you in mind when I said 2-3 people. You're good in my book, you understand how it's not guaranteed just because it's all you've seen.