Mock Draft: Two rounds with five trades + the Broncos, Browns, and 49ers (who don't pick until Round 3)

Mr.UFO

15 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Also Keith Smith is our FB he is a lead blocker out of the backfield for our RB's not a TE.  That i can remember keith never lined up at TE either the entire time i have seen him as a Falcon so not sure why he would really tie into any of these discussions. 

I didn't say he would be used at tight end. If you have an I formation (21 personnel), only one TE will be on the field. Unless you put 12 players on the field and hope none of the refs notice {LOL}.

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

I figured that if Peter Skoronski's arms are too short to play tackle (which many believe), he can switch to guard. That's why the Steelers may want him, since he would fill one of those needs.

We signed two guards this offseason.    Semulo and Daniels will 100% be starters in 2023.     They COULD draft Skronski and slide Daniels or even Semulo to center for a year or two, but in the end, I seriously doubt we draft IOL.   They would have to absolutely love Skronski to take him at 17, or view him as a viable OT option, which I think would be a mistake.

5 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

I didn't say he would be used at tight end. If you have an I formation (21 personnel), only one TE will be on the field. Unless you put 12 players on the field and hope none of the refs notice {LOL}.

The Falcons ran 12 personnel the last two seasons more than any team outside of Baltimore. They run 2 TE personnel at least 40% of the time. Jonnu Smith will have a role. a much larger one than you realize.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My latest mock for my team (NE) had Witherspoon and Gibbs as first two picks as well @Mr.UFO ! Naiice. This probably means we're both wrong, but still.

How about that. I figure Belichick wants another receiving-heavy running back to replace the retired James White.

I wish you could change fonts in this forum's text. When I abbreviated "Illinois" for Devon Witherspoon -- Ill -- it looks like a second movie sequel or the end of a classy person's last name {LOL}. I guess I could have used IL. But Witherspoon is such a high prospect, you all know what school he's from anyway.

Edited by Mr.UFO

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Now that's how you beef up the line. 

Thanks. T14, what do you think about the rumor that the Commanders want to trade DE Chase Young to Chicago for pick 9? If that's true, do they think a QB will drop down to that spot?

3 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Thanks. T14, what do you think about the rumor that the Commanders want to trade DE Chase Young to Chicago for pick 9? If that's true, do they think a QB will drop down to that spot?

Where did you see that? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

59 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Is it just for pick 9 alone or would it be  Pick 9 for Chase + 16 ?   If it's the latter im sorta interested in that for the Falcons as well  8 for young and 16. 

my god if we did that and could pull of Young + Spoon in your draft at 16   That would be god tier for the Falcons.

Edited by FalconFan13

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Is it just for pick 9 alone or would it be  Pick 9 for Chase + 16 ?   If it's the latter im sorta interested in that for the Falcons as well  8 for young and 16. 

my god if we did that and could pull of Young + Spoon in your draft at 16   That would be god tier for the Falcons.

I would imagine the Bears would get pick 16, but that wasn't made clear. Both the Bears and Falcons (as suggested by FalconFan13) need pass rushers. Last season, those two team's opposing quarberbacks needed binoculars to see the pass rush coming.

2 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

I would imagine the Bears would get pick 16, but that wasn't made clear. Both the Bears and Falcons (as suggested by FalconFan13) need pass rushers. Last season, those two team's opposing quarberbacks needed binoculars to see the pass rush coming.

LOL you ain't kidding fam but i don't think people really understand how bad the Falcons defense has been with Sacks over the last 2 years.   To give you an idea of how much worse our pass rush has been the last 2 years compared to everyone else in the league.

Falcons 2 year span in sacks 39 sacks

2nd worst team in that 2 year span is

Las Vegas Raiders with 62 Sacks

Meaning the Falcons avg 19.5 Sacks a season over the last 2 years.   So lets do some math here

39 + 19.5 = 58.5      So even with an entire 3rd season free for the Falcons of sacks and no one else getting any we are still dead last by almost 4 sacks.  

We haven't just been bad in Sacks we have been literally all time god awful bad in Sacks  So when i say we need anyone that can get to the QB i am willing to shoot for them if the value is right then by god im going for it.    That or a CB to help give our current guys more time to get there.   Thats why i am targeting Anderson, carter, Wilson, Spoon, and Gonzo so much.    Those 5 guys specifically have to do with helping get pressure or holding Wr's up enough to get pressure for sacks. 

So yes my friend a chance to get Young at Edge rusher who i know has shown the potential to be a top tier edge rusher + a chance at Spoon at 16 my number 1 CB in the draft with that trade down im jumping on it every single time :D

Now i hope i have helped make my case on why im so adament on the type of players i have been asking for. Thank you for hearing me out and also thank you for now making me cry again after looking at those sacks numbers again :*(

Edited by FalconFan13

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Now i hope i have helped make my case on why im so adament on the type of players i have been asking for. Thank you for hearing me out and also thank you for now making me cry again after looking at those sacks numbers again :*(

I didn't make you cry; you looked up the numbers yourself. 😉 I suppose some people have mocked Lukas Van Ness (Iowa) as high as Atlanta at 8. I don't understand the mass infactuation with this guy. He has one pass rush move -- a bull rush. I hope he goes to a team with a good defensive line coach so he can learn some more moves.