Rams 2023 draft

NVRamsFan

9 minutes ago, xKURTWARNERx said:

But not the right one!  Could have traded back for Avila… reached….again.  Missing Brad Holmes massively.

Not really.  To be honest, I'm not surprised Torrence is falling.  He has the potential to be a near-dominant guard, but he maxes out as a LG or a RG, he doesn't have positional versatility which is going to hurt his stock and appeal to teams, especially with the rate at which OL have been getting injured in the past couple seasons.  Pure guards, unless they are absolute game-changers (and those tend to be tackle converts like Zach Martin, Joel Bitonio, or Marshal Yanda), always tend to slip to the 3rd or below.

I like this pick. Not sexy but needed. Avila gives the Rams versatility in the interior. I hope he starts at C bc I hear he is best there. Could we see Noteboom, Avila, Coleman, Bruss, and Havenstein as the Week 1 starters? 

Let’s see what the Rams do in the 3rd round now. 

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I like it. A few guys I would've rather had, but it's a solid pick. Just happy we didn't screw it up. 

Pretty much my feeling.  I don't hate it.  I get it.  I don't love it, but very rarely will I ever love an IOL pick; I think the last IOL prospect I was really gaga for was Max Unger.

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I like this pick. Not sexy but needed. Avila gives the Rams versatility in the interior. I hope he starts at C bc I hear he is best there. Could we see Noteboom, Avila, Coleman, Bruss, and Havenstein as the Week 1 starters? 

I think he's an aim to slot in at LG this season as Noteboom insurance of sorts (Avila's claim to fame is that legitimately no one beats him with power), and we'll eventually shift him to center to succeed Allen, but I think he needs to shed a little weight (he can do it and it's not going to hurt his game; he's got the feet for it and dropping a few pounds should help improve his lateral movement) before his best fit is at center.

Major projection on my part, but I can see us kind of positioning ourselves to where if we don't go (read: aren't forced to go) QB next year in the draft, we're in a position to go hard at either LT or EDGE while finally having a 1st round pick again, but we'll also have cap flexibility (again, whoddathunkit?) to hit the market for one of those type of players.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

The Avila pick hurt a little.. but it’s a good pick and much needed. Ojulari to Arizona crushed me a little too lol 

There are a number of undervalued EDGE guys in this class because they're tweeners (less so DE/LB and more DE/DT) and just some undervalued guys in general because they need development and require some projection.  It's for this reason that I'm hoping and could see someone like Tuipolotu slipping to the 3rd, and there's still a lot of meat on that bone (hoping Yarber, even though he was staff on the other side of the ball, can put in a good case for Tuli).

Also, looking at the coaches we've leaned towards, I won't be surprised to see us show more 4-downed lineman looks than 4-3 Over or Under or 3-4 looks of the past - plays more towards Bobby Brown's strengths if he's going to be the 1-T.

But Dylan Horton, Byron Young, KJ Henry, and Tavius Robinson should all be in play.