Rams 2023 draft

NVRamsFan

37 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Starting to not know many players available. Anyone worth keeping an eye out for? 

I've got some obscurer guys I'm a fan of, but I don't think we'll see them brought up till tomorrow.  Then again, there's the Pats most recent pick.

I still think Jordan Battle or Ji'Ayir Brown fit us really well at FS, but I kinda feel like we're targeting Corey Trice to shift to there from collegiate corner.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

And of course the Niners take Brown.

Also, another guy I like for us, though definitely not till tomorrow (like in the 170's to 190's) is Jalen Graham out of Purdue.

Yeah that annoyed me. Maybe ringo here?

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

No idea who that us lol

This is my write up on him from the mock I did back in December:

Turner is still developing as a DL, but he blew me away with his tools. He was a FCS All American before transferring to Wake Forest before this season. He emerged as a locker room leader and a top player on that Wake DL. His production won't blow you away (38 tackles, 10 TFLs, 2 sacks, and 2 FFs), but his film really impressed me. He lined up everywhere on that DL, from 0-Tech (NT) to 5-Tech (DE). As a run defender, Turner is very hard to move due to his impressive strength and body control. He has even shown the ability to split double teams. When he plays with good pad level, Turner is an impactful run defender. He does need to get better at finding the ball and understanding blocking schemes, but with him being a FCS player for most of his career, I don't hold that against him. As a pass rusher, he's explosive off the ball, has the agility and short-area quickness to beat OGs with finesse moves, and he has the power and heavy hands to bull rush OLs. He's very raw as a pass rusher, though. Right now, he doesn't have developed pass rush plans or pass rush moves. He's active with his hands, but he doesn't really know how to use them to max effect at this point. I think this is a kid Eric Henderson could really work wonders with. He has so much raw talent.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Big fan of Kobie Turner. He's a terror as a run defender. Lacks length, which makes pass rush more difficult, but he has a legit first step and plays with a ton of effort.

He was my dark horse to be another Greg Gaines type.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This is my write up on him from the mock I did back in December:

Turner is still developing as a DL, but he blew me away with his tools. He was a FCS All American before transferring to Wake Forest before this season. He emerged as a locker room leader and a top player on that Wake DL. His production won't blow you away (38 tackles, 10 TFLs, 2 sacks, and 2 FFs), but his film really impressed me. He lined up everywhere on that DL, from 0-Tech (NT) to 5-Tech (DE). As a run defender, Turner is very hard to move due to his impressive strength and body control. He has even shown the ability to split double teams. When he plays with good pad level, Turner is an impactful run defender. He does need to get better at finding the ball and understanding blocking schemes, but with him being a FCS player for most of his career, I don't hold that against him. As a pass rusher, he's explosive off the ball, has the agility and short-area quickness to beat OGs with finesse moves, and he has the power and heavy hands to bull rush OLs. He's very raw as a pass rusher, though. Right now, he doesn't have developed pass rush plans or pass rush moves. He's active with his hands, but he doesn't really know how to use them to max effect at this point. I think this is a kid Eric Henderson could really work wonders with. He has so much raw talent.

I appreciate that lol seeing a bunch on him now and i can see what you’re saying. Very explosive. Who better to learn pass rush from than AD lol 

46 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Love the areas addressed with the picks and I like the players as well. So glad we didn't go after Levis or Hooker though I like Hooker. Also very glad we traded for a 4th rounder, waiting so long for our day 3 picks would have stunk. 

It's late enough in the round that I can actually sleep in a little tomorrow morning, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams have 9 pick’s tomorrow. What do you hope to see them do?

Honestly hoping we package a lot of those later ones to move up and land some impact players while there’s still several left. If we could get another 4th or even some early-mid 5ths, that would be great. Worth more than just throwing darts with so many late late picks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Honestly hoping we package a lot of those later ones to move up and land some impact players while there’s still several left. If we could get another 4th or even some early-mid 5ths, that would be great. Worth more than just throwing darts with so many late late picks 

At the very least, with the amount of 5th's we have, I've got some serious confidence that we're going to move up in the 4th to the late teens.  Pats are a prime candidate since the have no 5th whatsoever and are picking 15th and 18th in the 4th and already have the 5th pick in the round.  Chiefs are also an option, too.