2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

20 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

He seems more like a replacement for Amos than a legit Deep FS in the Nick Collins mold.

Yeah, but he seems like that because he isn't fast, not because of how he plays. Also not a very good tackler, not that I would be that off put by taking him at 42 - but I think that's a need decision over a football decision.

13 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Yeah, but he seems like that because he isn't fast, not because of how he plays. Also not a very good tackler, not that I would be that off put by taking him at 42 - but I think that's a need decision over a football decision.

If we are still talking about Branch, he is the best tackling DB in the draft this year. 

• Like 1

Did a PFN draft from day 2 onwards (the site automatically picks the players actually taken in round one).

Ended (without making trades) with:

42  S Bryan Branch (yep, he was still there at 42, ran the sim twice and he was there both times). (RAS 5.27)
45  TE Michael Mayer (Mayer and Washington were there in the first run, but Washington was gone in the second attempt - he went the pick before the Packers pick. (RAS 7.65)
78  TE Sam LaPorta (RAS 9.02)
116 WR Jonathan Mingo (RAS 9.86)
149 DT Moro Ojomo  (RAS 9.16)
207 RB Deuce Vaughn (RAS 4.3) So tiny, but oh so slippery.......like to see this guy as a returner 
232 TE Josh Whyle  (RAS 8.98)
235 RB Evan Hull (RAS 9.33) A more conventional RB pick for the Packers.
242 C   Spencer Anderson (RAS 9.37)
256 K Jake Moody (N/A)

Three TEs.......one too many, or no ?

I re-started the sim at pick 45 once, just to see if Branch was there a second time.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Did a PFN draft from day 2 onwards (the site automatically picks the players actually taken in round one).

42  S Bryan Branch (yep, he was still there at 42, ran the sim twice and he was there both times). (RAS 5.27)
45  TE Michael Mayer (Mayer and Washington were there in the first run, but Washington was gone in the second attempt - he went the pick before the Packers pick. (RAS 7.65)
207 RB Deuce Vaughn (RAS 4.3) So tiny, but oh so slippery.......like to see this guy as a returner 
256 K Jake Moody (N/A)

I re-started the sim at pick 45 once, just to see if Branch was there a second time.

Sweet Jesus! It looks like 1265 took the Night Shift for the good of our team.

Honestly your co-draft looks like those winning Powerball numbers that seem implausible. And yet they win.

Again I invoke George Constanza—a tiny shifty returner and a third TE for special teams seems like the opposite of what we’d do. It’s a good year to break molds.

The inevitable Jake Moody last pick thing bothers me. Even if we are only competing against four or five other teams for a kicker, chances are their last picks are before our last 7rp. Maybe it’s dumb of me to think it matters.

Also, that was a fun first night for the draft. Back when I was a young swede I thought that the clock ran down because teams we’re having trouble making up their minds.

Now the fun part is not really knowing if a team is trying to trade out with no serious takers or if they are fending off rich offers when they do have a player they like in front of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

256 K Jake Moody (N/A)

there's a lot to like about this -it would be cool to hit the mesh of value and need with Branch and Mayer-but I think it would be very un-Packer-like to have all these skill positions and only two developmental bigs, and maybe it doesn't matter because the guys in those last couple rounds are kind of a crap shoot

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've have to believe Detroit knew Philly was not taking Bijan at 10 and thought they could slide down to 12 and still get them. Then Atlanta went and pissed in their cheerios. 

A lot of people mocked bijan to atlanta.  I think they got who they wanted.

Just when that franchise is looking like they are becoming wise they go and do something like that lol

• Like 1