2023 Titans Draft Talk Day One (No Pick Tipping AKA Spoilers)

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

What if KB ends up a part of the deal to move to 3 especially with the Budda situation or they throw in Dhop depending on what we offer

I'd hate to see KB go, but bittersweet to get a new QB, cap space and spend less draft picks to do it. 

Arizona is leaking a whole lot of stuff. I don't think it's that many teams or any teams at all. 
A team would have to give up soooo much and the Cardinals drop back so far. 
I don't see anyone in the top 10 trying to getup for a QB. 

So let me get this right, looking at most of these posts.  The Cardinals are stupid and want to help the Titans?  The trade value difference is such we could give them our 2nd, 3rd and still not be close even.  That means a 1st next year and year after if we want to keep our 2nd.  

Now if that isn't lame brain enough then there is this massive over hype for Stroud.  As if he can't be the next can't miss Winston or Mariota.  Some debate he is even the 2nd best QB and while I do thinik he is the fact it is up for debate ought to tell you something.  Some have Levis going #2 or #4.  Others have Richardson.  

Thirdly, why would ANY Titan fan be hoping for this to happen?  Basically destroying our next couple of drafts for what?  A 33%, maybe 50% chance Stroud is ever as good as RT?  What if he is the next Sam Darnald?  

Point is simply this.  If we stay at #11 and a QB drops to us we get that guy for nothing more than our 1st this year.  And in reality the odds are not much worse on the outcome.  On top of that we can always take Hooker and if we can drop down a few spots (other team might draft him liek the Vikings) gain a 3rd or 4th we lessen the value blow.  

Now think about 1 year ago.  Yep, 12 months ago Titan fans were dancing in the streets because we took the great Malik Willis.  What a steal!!!!!!!!  Wait, guy isn't even a good backup and probably needs to switch to WR.  He is so bad he isn't even in the conversation and now fans are talking about blowing multiple 1st round picks on another QB.

Now if we trade up for any QB it will be after the draft starts and one we like is falling closer so it doesn't cost as much. 

None of these QBs, including Bryce Young is worth selling the farm and 401K to get.   

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Arizona is leaking a whole lot of stuff. I don't think it's that many teams or any teams at all. 
A team would have to give up soooo much and the Cardinals drop back so far. 
I don't see anyone in the top 10 trying to getup for a QB. 

The Texans could be squeeze us. I mean they pick at #12. If they decided that they want their pass rusher and QB too, they could easily match or exceed whatever we offer the cardinals, and they have much more capitol. Daniel Jeremiah predicted this in his mock. If the cards are willing to go to #11, they’ll be willing to go to #12. At the very least the Texans could be bluffing to drive our price up. 

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

The Texans could be squeeze us. I mean they pick at #12. If they decided that they want their pass rusher and QB too, they could easily match or exceed whatever we offer the cardinals, and they have much more capitol. Daniel Jeremiah predicted this in his mock. If the cards are willing to go to #11, they’ll be willing to go to #12. At the very least the Texans could be bluffing to drive our price up. 

There's a big difference between those if Tennessee doesn't have a QB.  One of the most expected picks for the Titans is one of the tackles, and that's what AZ wants, so they'd like to be in front of the Titans if at all possible.

That said, the rest of what you said is still true.  The Texans can pay more than we can.  The question is who is willing to give up more.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I could imagine a situation where the Titans are pushing out CJ Stroud and really wanting Richardson...

I was literally just coming in here to post the same thing. What if we do trade up but it’s for Richardson instead of Stroud?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Then that's probably a huge mistake.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I’d understand if many do. So many are all in on Stroud now that if we were to trade up and pick Richardson over Stroud, the reactions would be hilarious to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I wouldn’t have a problem with it but I’d understand if many do. So many are all in on Stroud now that if we were to trade up and pick Richardson over Stroud, the reactions would be hilarious to me.

So crazy!

But I think if they trade up before the draft starts or they are on the clock, then they are good with Stroud or Richardson depending on who is picked at 2. 

All this is fun, but ready for the very real anticlimactic ending of not trading up at all. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It's not so much that I'm all in on Stroud as much as I think we're not a good environment for Richardson, much less if we have to lose additional assets to go up and get him.

I like Richardson, but on this team, now, I think he's a bust waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

So crazy!

But I think if they trade up before the draft starts or they are on the clock, then they are good with Stroud or Richardson depending on who is picked at 2. 

All this is fun, but ready for the very real anticlimactic ending of not trading up at all. 

If Richardson is the guy, be prepared for this tweet to get ran to the ground by local and national media.

• Like 1

Truth be told I’d be a1 with either Richardson or Stroud. I mean it’s only right for Ran to draft a Florida guy. Plus if anybody has the scoop on Richardson and how he prepares it would be Ran since he’s a Florida guy himself. Same with Vrabel and Stroud.