NFL Draft GDT (NO SPOILERS!!))

Forge

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

So if some teams flagged and failed Darnell Washington and he makes an unexpected fall down the board because of it, would you make a move to trade up for him, even though you know the reason he fell was likely medical related? 

I don't think I would. Maturity + injury concerns is a no-go for me. 

If I can't get LaPorta, I'm staying pat and taking a TE that falls to me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly i might but we are in such a bad spot pick value wise that for me it almost has to be a pick swap over trading away multiple of our later ones.

I don't really think this team will legitimately consider trade ups until we are into round 3, so it would have to be a big drop for Washington. I Just don't think that its impossible. Same with Dawand Jones. 

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't think I would. Maturity + injury concerns is a no-go for me. 

If I can't get LaPorta, I'm staying pat and taking a TE that falls to me.

Where are you hearing maturity issues with Washington? 

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

So if some teams flagged and failed Darnell Washington and he makes an unexpected fall down the board because of it, would you make a move to trade up for him, even though you know the reason he fell was likely medical related? 

No.

If this regime hasn't learned for Reuben Foster and Kinlaw, they're brain dead.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

No.

If this regime hasn't learned for Reuben Foster and Kinlaw, they're brain dead.

Teams will always take chances on medical flags, especially at the end of day 2 and into day 3. The difference on Foster and Kinlaw is that they spent first round picks on them. Completely different calculation when thinking about a third round pick. I never minded Baalke taking swings on Thomas, Lattimore or Smelter (though the recurring joke of it was amusing) 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Teams will always take chances on medical flags, especially at the end of day 2 and into day 3. The difference on Foster and Kinlaw is that they spent first round picks on them. Completely different calculation when thinking about a third round pick. I never minded Baalke taking swings on Thomas, Lattimore or Smelter (though the recurring joke of it was amusing) 

IMO, those are risks you take on Day 3. There are still too many good players to be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds to gamble on a prospect's medical history.

Taking those risks on Day 3, where the margins are slimmer makes more sense for me personally. No matter how talented, your best ability is availability.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Like why even make that connection. Staley anouncing a pick has zero to do with who he trained.

I still think the three we take are: 

Yaya 

Mapu

*insert TE here* 

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

IMO, those are risks you take on Day 3. There are still too many good players to be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds to gamble on a prospect's medical history.

Taking those risks on Day 3, where the margins are slimmer makes more sense for me personally. No matter how talented, your best ability is availability.

In this draft the difference between a guy at our picks and at our next pick is almost zero. Honestly if you can grab a guy like Washington who in my eyes you can easily argue is the top TE based on upside late third but he might not last as long you do it in my opinion. And honestly it all depends on how bad the medical is but if he is here for 4 years healthy and falls off after that i am totally fine with that.