NFL Draft GDT (NO SPOILERS!!))

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

So beyond tired of the generic "character stuff" reports. Either report something specific or I assume you have an axe to grind. Ringo, as much as I love the pick 6 he had to seal UGA's first national title in 40 years has super stiff hips and is very quick to grab and pull. In college you can get away with it a little bit because it is a 15 yard penalty, nfl is a spot foul, very different things. Ringo took the hardest coaching most likely reasonably possible at UGA and did very well.

6 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

So beyond tired of the generic "character stuff" reports. Either report something specific or I assume you have an axe to grind. Ringo, as much as I love the pick 6 he had to seal UGA's first national title in 40 years has super stiff hips and is very quick to grab and pull. In college you can get away with it a little bit because it is a 15 yard penalty, nfl is a spot foul, very different things. Ringo took the hardest coaching most likely reasonably possible at UGA and did very well.

First I had heard of any negative stuff character wise on Ringo. Not the first time on Jones

9 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

😐

Latu felt like a situation where they were really nervous about how fast tight ends were going off the board and that was the guy they were targeting. 

Moody was a guy they clearly had way above and beyond. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Is it crazy that seeing Ryland go now make me feel more at ease with our Moody pick?

Both Ryland and Moody were projected by some to go in the 4th round. Our comp pick in the 3rd was essentially a 4th rounder. The pick is fine if Moody is THAT guy. It was a cost effective pick and a kicker can make or break seasons in the playoffs. 

I hope we can get up in the 4th round and take one of the top interior OL or athletic edge. 

6 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Is it crazy that seeing Ryland go now make me feel more at ease with our Moody pick?

Nope. I don't advocate making either move, and I'm not sure bb is the drafting philosophy is the one you want to follow, but clearly they had their pulse on it

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Both Ryland and Moody were projected by some to go in the 4th round. Our comp pick in the 3rd was essentially a 4th rounder. The pick is fine if Moody is THAT guy. It was a cost effective pick and a kicker can make or break seasons in the playoffs. 

I hope we can get up in the 4th round and take one of the top interior OL or athletic edge. 

Correct. The concern is that so few kickers drafted are that guy (or not that guy with their original team as kicking can take a couple of years to get in a groove), but if he's that dude, more than worth the pick 

• Like 1

Wasn't a big fan of taking a K last night, but with the Pats taking a K early in the 4th, there's definitely a possibility that Moody wouldn't have been available much longer. And if he hits, it'll be a higher impact than a lot of other picks in that range

IDK anything about any of the players tbh, but happy we got a S & TE

I think we'll go for depth at QB, RB, OL, DL & LB today

Couldn't predict who we pick though, except for maybe DTR. Wouldn't be surprised if we pick him up at some point

Edited by 49ersfan