🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

But but but henry Ruggs 

but but but the eagles have nakobe dean

passed on a generational talent 

We might have, but I think we as a team just couldn’t take the risk and backlash. I mocked Carter to us but am not in the least regretful we didn’t draft him.

Also, it’s just one rep. Let’s see how he plays this season and let’s see how Wilson does. Then see how they both do moving forward. They will be compared obviously but after 18 months Ruggs was looking like a better fit for us over Lamb and that doesn’t look so good now. 

PS I would have drafted Lamb by the way, see Me v Mayock thread 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Pray to god we kick him inside imo that’s his best position 3-4 de or dt/nt but dam tho 

Still think the same esp inside he can get more experience and even use his length to disturb passing lanes.

imo he’s better than butler who did nothing yesterday. At least Billings got push last year 

• Like 1

I will cite my medical expertise here. He is coming off a foot injury. If you cant push off in recovery, your muscles are going to atrophy. That takes time to recover from. And practice reps. He's not in game shape he hasn't been able to train at full intensity. And mile high. Give him time. He is a rookie playing DL it is a brutal learning curve. We drafted him for upside. His technique is a mess coming out and he is an athletic freak. The getoff is unacceptable but it can be coached out of him like Miller's false step. Be a little patient.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I will cite my medical expertise here. He is coming off a foot injury. If you cant push off in recovery, your muscles are going to atrophy. That takes time to recover from. And practice reps. He's not in game shape he hasn't been able to train at full intensity. And mile high. Give him time. He is a rookie playing DL it is a brutal learning curve. We drafted him for upside. His technique is a mess coming out and he is an athletic freak. The getoff is unacceptable but it can be coached out of him like Miller's false step. Be a little patient.

But he did it in college too…when healthy. Sometimes the scouting reports are set in stone and it just who a guy is. I think being in the middle hides it plus you’re so close to the ball it’s impossible to not see it move.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But he did it in college too…when healthy. Sometimes the scouting reports are set in stone and it just who a guy is. I think being in the middle hides it plus you’re so close to the ball it’s impossible to not see it move.

I don't disagree, I think he would be better inside. He can get even bigger and is very strong/quick for an inside guy. His ideal position is 5-tech IMHO.