🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't know if Tyree Wilson is going to pan out with his injury history but there's a for sure way to find out.  Just wait and see.  Same goes for Carter.  If he pans out, good for him.  If he doesn't and off field issues have him out of the NFL in a year or two, then we avoided another disaster.

This. I personally wanted Gonzo anyway, so neither Wilson or Carter were on my radar. 

Wilson may or may not pan out. If he does, awesome. If he flops, my reaction isn't going to he "We should've taken Carter". Maybe it is "We should've taken Gonzo" or some other player I liked enough, but under no circumstances will it be Carter. 

As for Carter, if he winds up retiring in 7 years as the all time sack leader with 350 sacks along with 50 INTs all returned for TDs, I'm not going to say we missed out and I'm mad about it. Great players play elsewhere all the time. That's nature. As for Carter specifically, he was just 100% off my board, and whether he blows up or flops won't change that. Again, in the year 2030 he could very well be the best player to ever grace a football field, but in 2023, we could not justify taking him. Period. If he's great and his head is on straight, we could possibly make a FA run at him down the road and still have him for a good stretch- assuming another stud doesn't come along in the meantime. But like I said, in 2023, we couldn't take him and there's really just no sense in playing the What If game using him. He went after our pick, but he may as well have gone before it for all I'm concerned. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Didn't he show up to a workout and he was out of shape?  He couldn't finish it right?  

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3459859/jalen-carter-showed-up-to-georgias-pro-day-out-of-shape-and-failed-to-complete-drills-as-his-nfl-draft-stock-continues-to-decline

Just looked it up. Link above.  

I think it's hilarious how you think having great leaders on a team somehow will keep a grown man from making mistakes.  It isn't for Chandler, Crosby, Adams, or anyone else to babysit a grown man.  If Carter is going to make mistakes literally no one can stop him from doing it.  Just look at Ruggs, he easily could've called an UBER or teammate/friend.  Instead he chose to end his career and the life of another human being.  You cannot, no matter how hard you try, stop someone from making mistakes if they choose to make them.

The way you're lumping past picks into this doesn't make them the same.  Hindsight is always 20/20 for one.  But us passing on Burns and CeeDee is just Gruden and Mayock being bad at drafting.  It's different.  Carter was involved in a race that resulted in people dying.  Then he showed up to a pro day and was out of shape and failed to complete the drills.  Ruggs and Ferrell didn't have those issues.

I don't know if Tyree Wilson is going to pan out with his injury history but there's a for sure way to find out.  Just wait and see.  Same goes for Carter.  If he pans out, good for him.  If he doesn't and off field issues have him out of the NFL in a year or two, then we avoided another disaster.

What have JMD / DZ shown that makes them better than the previous regime? Other than pass on a generational talent for a DE with average bend / burst coming off of a serious injury that has held him out for almost a year now? 

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

non of this matters though, because Wins / Losses are only a QB stat, and we now have a winner at QB. 
quit complaining, we going to the SB! 7th best win percentage!!!!!
Teams mean nothing, just QB!

Jimmy G will have to elevate his game to carry Tyree especially on that bum foot! 

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Also, Clearly Tom Brady and everyone else on the Pats were terrible leaders, otherwise, Hernandez wouldve had a HOF career...

Dont blame the player, ever, they are the victims of poor leadership from the team! 
am I right?!

Sometimes I wonder if you guys take the short bus to school. 

You’re comparing Carter to a murderer that eventually committed suicide in prison because he raced a car and was out of shape at his pro day. 

Being a little chubby =/= murdering people 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G will have to elevate his game to carry Tyree especially on that bum foot! 

no, stop with the excuses! W/L only on QB, everything else just an excuse!

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sometimes I wonder if you guys take the short bus to school. 

You’re comparing Carter to a murderer that eventually committed suicide in prison because he raced a car and was out of shape at his pro day. 

Being a little chubby =/= murdering people 

I think the biggest problem, is you write wild opinions like they are fact, and then get angry when pepole call them out . . .

Carter going to the eagles where what like half of the starting D will be his college teamates, on a verryyy good team is a much better situation for the kid to succeed in vs in Vegas. 
If he finds success in Phily, doesnt mean he wouldve found success in Vegas -
I am confident you will try to argue this point during the season and future, but it is important to understand. Player success cant just be replicated for every team. 

You said - if max, chandler where such great leaders, then he wont have this problem. 
Thats just so laughable, at 10 i understood no one is responsible for my actions but me. 
 I hope you learn that fundamental rule in life soon! 

Should none of his college teamates been drafted then? Since they all clearly let him get away with it?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think the biggest problem, is you write wild opinions like they are fact, and then get angry when pepole call them out . . .

Carter going to the eagles where what like half of the starting D will be his college teamates, on a verryyy good team is a much better situation for the kid to succeed in vs in Vegas. 
I am confident you will try to argue this point during the season and future, but it is important to understand. Player success cant just be replicated for every team. 

You said - if max, chandler where such great leaders, then he wont have this problem. 
Thats just so laughable, at 10 i understood no one is responsible for my actions but me. 

Should none of his college teamates been drafted then? Since they all clearly let him get away with it?

It really will come down to Jimmy G. 

I only state facts, you guys are up in arms because I'm saying Carter was a better prospect and would've been a better pick. 

Those are the same college teammates that helped him get away in the car which is why you're all booty tickled!

I'm sorry that I trust two All-Pro dudes in the same position group that are well received across the league to help guide a young superstar player more than I'd trust Nakobe Dean and Ringo. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol y’all wild lol

on carter tho The Whole eagles are the best for him due to his old Georgia teammates being there. But his old Georgia teammates couldn’t stop him at Georgia all of a sudden now that they’re professionals they gonna check him.

I put more stock into the eagles (not Georgia alum) vets on that dline taking him under their wing

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol y’all wild lol

on carter tho The Whole eagles are the best for him due to his old Georgia teammates being there. But his old Georgia teammates couldn’t stop him at Georgia all of a sudden now that they’re professionals they gonna check him.

I put more stock into the eagles (not Georgia alum) vets on that dline taking him under their wing

This forum thinks Kelee Ringo and Nakobe Dean are better leaders than All-Pro veterans like Maxx Crosby and Chandler Jones.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It really will come down to Jimmy G. 

I only state facts, you guys are up in arms because I'm saying Carter was a better prospect and would've been a better pick. 

Those are the same college teammates that helped him get away in the car which is why you're all booty tickled!

I'm sorry that I trust two All-Pro dudes in the same position group that are well received across the league to help guide a young superstar player more than I'd trust Nakobe Dean and Ringo. 

Didn’t even read this but yea I’d trust some solid vets vs some of college buddies 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Didn’t even read this but yea I’d trust some solid vets vs some of college buddies 

He's more likely to street race and leave the scene with the same buddies he already did it with at UGA vs Maxx Crosby and Chandler Jones, IMO.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Those arent facts. Those are opinions. 
It is why its tough to talk with you. 

You cant tell the difference between a fact and opinion. 

Cheers dude

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Those arent facts. Those are opinions. 
It is why its tough to talk with you. 

You cant tell the difference between a fact and opinion. 

Cheers dude

Question:

Do you think you're more likely to get in trouble with:

A) Your college buddies you were d!cking around with and got in trouble with as a student. (Now you all have multi millions)

B) Two first team All-Pro guys with zero past incidents and who are considered family men.

If you think Wilson was a better prospect in terms of tape, IDK what to tell you. Carter was the best player on a national championship team multiple seasons. Wilson was getting bull dozed in the Big 12.