🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, G said:

Not these days but Reggie White at 6'5 300lbs just moved people. That's my ceiling and Chandler Jones is my lowest desire. Could easily get an Alonzo Spellman though. lol

So your ceiling is greatest DE who’s ever played the game……Cripes, the rookie has some high expectations to live up to!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, G said:

Not these days but Reggie White at 6'5 300lbs just moved people. That's my ceiling and Chandler Jones is my lowest desire. Could easily get an Alonzo Spellman though. lol

That’s quite a high ceiling…. Basically the best ever to do it (or at least one of the best).  That’s far higher then I’d be willing to go.  And that’s not an knock on Wilson.  I think he could be a multiple year Pro-Bowler. S

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, Darbsk said:

So your ceiling is greatest DE who’s ever played the game……Cripes, the rookie has some high expectations to live up to!

People forget White had a+ technique and the rook is really poor in the technique department so I can’t see that expectation 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They passed on the best player in the draft (Jalen Carter) to draft someone with a serious foot injury that still isn’t ready to play. Niiiiice.

Sure, you want your 1st round pick to be ready immediately, but to hell with the baggage that Carter comes with. Cope.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They passed on the best player in the draft (Jalen Carter) to draft someone with a serious foot injury that still isn’t ready to play. Niiiiice.

I really don’t think that’s going to happen. Carter has so many red flags. What makes you think he won’t get paid and disappear?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Vegas would of ate him alive. Other teams passed on him too as he showed up to his proday out of shape. There’s a reason why the eagles Drafted so many bulldogs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Sure, you want your 1st round pick to be ready immediately, but to hell with the baggage that Carter comes with. Cope.

Dude was the best player in the country, took someone with a bum foot instead. Taking Ferrell over elite dudes worked out well huh? McZiegler special sauce clouding your judgement lil buddy

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dude was the best player in the country, took someone with a bum foot instead. Taking Ferrell over elite dudes worked out well huh? McZiegler special sauce clouding your judgement lil buddy

Hey man, Ferrell didn't have 36 inch arms. Plus haven't you seen that frame that he has. He's worth the wait.

Edited by Jeremy408

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We couldn’t take Carter after the Ruggs incident. Raiders been in Vegas 3 years, a player has already  killed someone and their dog, and you want them to go out and pick someone that was involved in another high speed car accident that led to multiple deaths? It would have been a huge slap in the face to the city and the Ruggs victims imo

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

We couldn’t take Carter after the Ruggs incident. Raiders been in Vegas 3 years, a player has already  killed someone and their dog, and you want them to go out and pick someone that was involved in another high speed car accident that led to multiple deaths? It would have been a huge slap in the face to the city and the Ruggs victims imo

I agree with this sadly. It may be PR but we simply couldn’t take that chance. We weren’t the only team that passed and that is for a very valid reason. 

18 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

His upside is Aldon Smith without a drinking problem.

which is awesome

I hadn’t thought of that comparison but that is a sneaky good one!

Long, strong and powerful. I don’t think he’s quite as agile as Smith but I think he’s bigger, broader and even more powerful. 

• Like 1