🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Definitely a goofy dude but someone that has a great personality to be around. 

For sure, I dig it. When asked about his goals this season he didn't bring up anything selfish like stats, awards, etc. Just abut helping the D, winning games and getting a SB.

Seems like an awesome dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

No idea where you got this.

This is simply not correct (the analysis I mean). I watched Watt a n awful lot and picked him in my mock and in my Big board predictions, i as a strong advocate for him that draft after living what I saw. Watt had plenty of juice, explosiveness and bend and his first step was good. His technique was also exemplary. The film is (or was) pretty clear. No way is he a similar player to Wilson sorry.

The obvious comparison is Ferrell sadly. That is just a fact, now hopefully Wilson can develop, is longer and stronger and of course he doesn’t have to be the star, he can be Robin to Crosby’s Batman rather than try to replace Mack. I think he’ll be better than Ferrel but that’s the type or stereotype I think.

Tj was my guy that year too 🤦🏽‍♂️Punching the air. Fml I just have to accept the fact that we’ll never draft who I want in the first rd. maybe mid rounds 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maxx had a1 technique, length, speed and motor as a prospect that’s what interested me 

I know you were in on Maxx - thanks for reminding me as I couldn’t remember. 

He has defo added to his arsenal over time too - in addition to getting stronger. 

Hoping Maxx can teach Wilson to study and to work - be that motivator and then add Jones’ advice on what to do as they’re more similar physically. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

No idea where you got this.

This is simply not correct (the analysis I mean). I watched Watt a n awful lot and picked him in my mock and in my Big board predictions, i as a strong advocate for him that draft after living what I saw. Watt had plenty of juice, explosiveness and bend and his first step was good. His technique was also exemplary. The film is (or was) pretty clear. No way is he a similar player to Wilson sorry.

The obvious comparison is Ferrell sadly. That is just a fact, now hopefully Wilson can develop, is longer and stronger and of course he doesn’t have to be the star, he can be Robin to Crosby’s Batman rather than try to replace Mack. I think he’ll be better than Ferrel but that’s the type or stereotype I think.

lol i know and agree, I was just showing the draft profile as it used the buzz words listed, i searched them and tj watt came up. Aagain I dont agree, I can understand Cle comparison but dont see it. 
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/t.j.-watt/32005741-5458-7616-6d9a-681b6f6e278d
He has a slow first step no doubt, but good motor and seems strong. 
I think his skillset will pair well with crosby  too, ideally put Crosby against the bigger tackle and let him with finess, and then put wilson up against the weaker and he can hopefully bullrush through them. 

• Like 1