🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wilson is the exact type of EDGE I love. He is nasty, mean, and strong AF. He is a DOG. Similar to Bosa, Garrett, and Mack in previous drafts. He’s no where near as polished as those guys, but he has the same raw traits as those guys. Strength, power, insane wingspan. 

What people don’t understand is Wilson’s ceiling is so much higher than Anderson’s it’s insane. Anderson had the safest floor of any prospect of this draft. Nice little 10 sack guy a year. But Wilson, IF, IF, he develops can be a superstar 20 a sack a year guy. 

Are you feeling OK Bay? 20 sacks a year? I’ll be extremely happy to get half that with his first step and lack of bend and counter moves. He’s a strength and length DE, no way in Hades is he getting 20 sacks a year sorry 😳

Love the optimism and all but I’ll be happy if he turns out to be what Ferrel was supposed to be TBH 8 sacks, disruptive and flushes QBs towards Crosby and great at setting the edge. I’m really envious of the Eagles right now, but totally understand why we didn’t go Carter….. pairing him with Smith is exciting if Carter doesn’t fall completely off the rails (which is a possibility)………

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BackinBlack said:
TJ Watt draft profile?
Weaknesses
  • Not overly twitched-up as an athlete
  • Short strider who lacks explosion out of stance and up the field to bend the edge as a pass rusher
  • Foot quickness is average and needs to win with technique and great hand play
  • Won't generate enough acceleration to crank up speed-to-power rush with consistency
  • Plays with a narrow base
  • Needs to play with more consistent bend to play through redirection by offensive line
  • Will have to add power in his base to hold point of attack against tackles
  • Pass rush menu will need more options against NFL tackles

No idea where you got this.

This is simply not correct (the analysis I mean). I watched Watt a n awful lot and picked him in my mock and in my Big board predictions, i as a strong advocate for him that draft after living what I saw. Watt had plenty of juice, explosiveness and bend and his first step was good. His technique was also exemplary. The film is (or was) pretty clear. No way is he a similar player to Wilson sorry.

The obvious comparison is Ferrell sadly. That is just a fact, now hopefully Wilson can develop, is longer and stronger and of course he doesn’t have to be the star, he can be Robin to Crosby’s Batman rather than try to replace Mack. I think he’ll be better than Ferrel but that’s the type or stereotype I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Who does Wilson compare to in the NFL?

Now bear with me on this and don’t throw rotten tomatoes at me just yet………….but I see a lot of Jadaveon Clowney in Wilson from a length, linear style and body type aspect.

Neither are great edge benders or traditional pass rushers like a Von Miller but with with power, length and strength. Clowney was faster off the ball of course but Wilson is actually fast once he commits and has a few more moves than Clowney ever had. 

I think actually Wilson is more versatile and he is bigger and longer but not as explosive. I think Wilson can win with strength and length and second effort and he is a complimentary pass rusher to Crosby. As others have said, I think he could (hopefully) benefit hugely from working with Crosby and Jones who could be great influences. That part I really like.

• Like 1

I understand the pick but...If he grows into the position as Maxx has then it's worth the pick. Trenches is never a bad idea and Philly did that for a long time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

• Like 1