Anderson 13 games

42 hurries

9 hits

14 sacks 

Wilson 10 games

32 hurries

10 hits

8 sacks

Now if you take the average of Wilson's numbers and project them over 13 games.. They'd be on par with Anderson. So If Wilson really can grow it will be interesting.

42 hurries

13 hits

9.5 sacks

It's probably been mentioned already (haven't read back through the thread yet), but I think this is a perfect situation for Wilson to learn from two ideal mentors.

On the one hand you've got Maxx Crosby, who anyone would love to play next to on the DL because he makes their job easier and is just an all-round elite player, both in terms of production and mentality. And whilst Chandler Jones has clearly lost a step, I think Tyree feels like a very similar player to him and hopefully Jones can teach him a few things that he's learned over a long, productive career.

Carter was the dream pick, but I totally get why we've not done it. Wilson feels like a very decent alternative.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It's probably been mentioned already (haven't read back through the thread yet), but I think this is a perfect situation for Wilson to learn from two ideal mentors.

On the one hand you've got Maxx Crosby, who anyone would love to play next to on the DL because he makes their job easier and is just an all-round elite player, both in terms of production and mentality. And whilst Chandler Jones has clearly lost a step, I think Tyree feels like a very similar player to him and hopefully Jones can teach him a few things that he's learned over a long, productive career.

Carter was the dream pick, but I totally get why we've not done it. Wilson feels like a very decent alternative.

I also like the fact that he can work with/learn from Maxx and Chandler.

Maxx uses his lenght and strenght really well. Wilson is longer and could be similar in strenght or even stronger IMO.

Chandler has issues with his get off (it was in his scouting reports) and worked on it, worked around it.

• Like 4

Ziegler said that Jalen Carter and Paris Johnson were two other players they felt comfortable picking at #7, obviously Johnson went the pick before, and that they felt Tyree was a better fit here than Carter. Can't hate on the pick if they felt he's a better fit for the culture. Tyree seems to be a super humble, hardworking dude that's just going to put his head down and grind. Excited to see how they get creative with him, Chandler and Maxx.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I also like the fact that he can work with/learn from Maxx and Chandler.

Maxx uses his lenght and strenght really well. Wilson is longer and could be similar in strenght or even stronger IMO.

Chandler has issues with his get off (it was in his scouting reports) and worked on it, worked around it.

I really hope this is the case man, that he can work around those issues. Taking a pass rusher with very slow get off and not great bend is risky. I have to be honest and I’m a little underwhelmed, I have a nagging doubt we’ve just done a Clelin Ferrel again but hoping it works out. 

Another thing concerns me is we possibly could have taken a great CB in 1 and a good pass rusher in 2 but we may have taken a good pass rusher in 1 and left ourselves with an average CB in 2 onwards……. Maybe that’s not what we’re doing but…….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ziegler said that Jalen Carter and Paris Johnson were two other players they felt comfortable picking at #7, obviously Johnson went the pick before, and that they felt Tyree was a better fit here than Carter. Can't hate on the pick if they felt he's a better fit for the culture. Tyree seems to be a super humble, hardworking dude that's just going to put his head down and grind. Excited to see how they get creative with him, Chandler and Maxx.

This was the part I understood completely about the pick

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really hope this is the case man, that he can work around those issues. Taking a pass rusher with very slow get off and not great bend is risky. I have to be honest and I’m a little underwhelmed, I have a nagging doubt we’ve just done a Clelin Ferrel again but hoping it works out. 

Another thing concerns me is we possibly could have taken a great CB in 1 and a good pass rusher in 2 but we may have taken a good pass rusher in 1 and left ourselves with an average CB in 2 onwards……. Maybe that’s not what we’re doing but…….

I'm really not a fan of taking an edge that highly who as you said had questionable bend/burst and also didn't test at all before the draft. We saw how much guys were pushed up and down the board because of their testing numbers.

• Like 1

"..It's do you have the mental capacity, want-to and mindset to achieve what your ability is? And we believe that with our interactions through the process" -Champ Kelly talking about Wilson

Sounds like he had an amazing visit with the Raiders and the foot issue doesn't bother me I believe they did their homework on that and we shouldn't see problems.  I can understand some being skeptical about his first step being slow but once he gets going he has relentless pursuit. And we're gonna need that against guys like Mahomes and Herbert who will literally run 20 yards backwards before throwing it out of bounds. You can even add Russell Wilson to the list of QB's who can escape the pocket and make it hard on defensive lineman to keep coming for 4 quarters.  You can't keep guys on the d-line fresh all game when these quarterbacks are just as elusive as some running backs now, especially in the AFC West.  Crosby was the only one getting consistent pressure along the d-line and you could clearly see how gassed he was in some games chasing these guys.

I think Wilson will be rotating in for Jones a lot, sliding inside at times during some passing downs, and also rotating in for Crosby only when he needs a breather. I think his get-off can improve, and like someone else said it almost looks like he's diagnosing the play at times rather than just run straight through it and blow it up. Learning from Crosby will help him a ton and I don't think they would select Wilson if they didn't believe he loved football and wanted to be great. Just hope he comes in and is like a sponge and learns everything he can from our veteran DE's. 

• Like 4